💬 Review Wish by LorenzoCorona

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,036 happy users since 2014.
Register

LorenzoCorona

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 6 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Wish

The story focuses on a 17-year-old girl named Asha (Ariana DeBose) in the Kingdom of Rosas, who makes a passionate plea to the stars in a moment of need, which leads her to meet a living, magic star fallen from the sky, something that attracts the attention of Rosas' evil ruler Magnifico (Chirs Pine) as well.

Review:
A movie that has been promoted as "100 years in the making" to celebrate the centennial of The Walt Disney Studios turns into the most cookie-cutter, soulless and "safe-for-children" movie in their legendary repertoire.
The movie's premise and messages verges on the idea that wishes can come true if you believe in them, which is an alright concept, but came at the cost of making endearing efforts in delivering the moral and structuring the story in creative way like they used to during the Renaissance Era.
The characters were very bland and one-sided, in which you could tell their quirk just by one sentence (e.g. the goat Valentino being the talking animal for comedy relief, Asha's friends being a clear reference to the Seven Dwarfs, an idea poorly executed)
The villain King Magnifico could have stole the show thanks to Chris Pine's performance but got quickly ruined by the way they wrote him in which, no spoilers, he seemed they made change motivations twice to make him a real villain.
The only saving grace is the clever use of many references to Disney Classics to turn an otherwise boring movie into a "Catch the Reference" game.
You know this is a flop when an 8-minute short made for a better love letter to Uncle Walt than this movie.

Would you recommend this to other users? Recommended only if you are a die-hard Disney fan and/or you have kids who wants to be entertained.

Rating(1-5): ⭐

Yesman

In Love Lv4️⃣
Active User
Member for 6 years
Very nice review, my dear. Thank you. I alps kept seeing Elsa whenever I looked at Magnifico lol