💬 Review Xiaomi Redmi 4a by reusdowski

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,746 happy users since 2014.
Register

reusdowski

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Reviewed Device: Xiaomi Redmi 4a

Brief Description: Xiaomi Redmi 4A uses the Snapdragon 425 processor in conjunction with Adreno 308 graphics. This is a budget solution, and you should not expect high performance from it. However, in everyday tasks you will not notice this - the gadget works quickly and without lags. The only point that produces a weak processor is a small delay in launching applications compared to the flagship models. The device is perfect for casual 2D entertainment and even a bit for 3D games.
I won’t say anything about design, modern phones, as for me, do not differ in appearance by absolutely nothing, and design is not the main thing for me. The color available was the only one available - GOLD, and, I want to say, it was right, it looks really pretty. Without a case, it becomes completely thin and weightless and, most unpleasant, very slippery. So don’t take risks, buy a case right away.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Things I like:
+ Battery. Battery is the pride of this smartphone. Capacity - 3120 mAh, it charges very quickly (from scratch - about 2-2.5 hours). For me, with VERY active use of the phone (when I do not let it out of my hands (and I don’t release it at all, literally), the charge lasts from morning (5-6 a.m.) to 5-6 a.m. ), when watching movies / working in the mode of the access point - for 7-8 hours, when used in normal mode - for 2 days. As for me, these are just amazing indicators for the budget model, for comparison, my old flagship Samsung held a charge of 7 in the morning MAXIMUM up to 2 days with active use, and up to 5-6 evenings when used in normal mode
+ Multi-colored diode (colors are configured for different events). A special feature is that the charging stage is visible by the color of the diode. Ingenious!
+ Access through the USB to the entire file system
+ The brightness range of the screen is decent, it can be used both in the dark and in the sun. I have no complaints about the viewing angles
+ Nimble. Manages to catch 4g during a train stop in the subway, the GPS finds the position in seconds

Things I don't like:
- The camera. In the light - not bad. With a slight lack of light, it rolls into ... Well, you understand where. I was counting on a better one, at least. getting high-quality images in the dark even with a flash is not very simple. For this, manual focusing is simply necessary, in auto mode a slight blur / blur is obtained.
- Video - there are problems with the sound.
- In the upper part, sometimes a bounce is heard, as if there is an "extra" screw. Doesn’t affect anything, but a mess. The rest is neat assembly.
- The proximity sensor does not always work out as it should, you can push the screen with your cheek / ear / what you put there.
- Auto brightness did not suit me, it changes brightness in jerks. When reading, it runs wildly.
- A non-removable battery is still a minus. Once during all the time the phone freezes (and at the same time it warmed up quite noticeably). The reason is not clarified, but before that I did experiments to optimize the system, so that I could be to blame. After a couple of hours, after repeated attempts to hold the “off” button for 5-10 seconds, it went into reboot.
- Not all SMS branches display a name, even if it is in contacts. Glitch-s.
-Memory. In the absence of "recent" applications, 800-900mb is usually available. It is not clear that it takes a whole gig, but the remaining is enough for me.
-Android is still 6.0. It suits me, but for some it may be important.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐

Verdict: In fact, all the flaws fade against the background of the price for this smartphone. If you need a reliable, modern and fairly fast smartphone, but at the same time you are very limited in funds, Redmi 4A will be a good choice.