Can you recommend me a COG/HG game?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,329,784 happy users since 2014.
Register

Moody Meow

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
also did you realize that the game can't be saved?
It's a recent policy of CoG/HG, there will be no save/export feature until the sequel is near release, then the game will have an update that features the save/export feature.

As for recommendations, I'd suggest playing Choice of Robots for CoG's lineup, it's probably among the best, if not the best, CoG title.

HG titles. If you like gritty fantasy Napoleonic Wars, try the Sea of Infinity series. From the same author of the series, A Study in Steampunk is a fantasy/steampunk version of Sherlock Holmes where old Shirley is your right hand and you play as a Watson expy. There's also Lost Heir trilogy, an epic fantasy where you can roleplay a character from many classic rpg classes, and Heroes Rise trilogy, where you play as a newbie hero that tells their journey from nobody to legend. These four are probably the best HG titles that I'd recommend.

Titles that involve magic, I'd recommend Kendrickstone/Cryptkeepers series, Way Walkers Uni series, Evertree/Sordwin series, Choice of Rebels, and Keeper of the Sun and Mood, aside from the aforementioned Choice of Magic (from the same author of Choice of Rebels) and Lost Heir trilogy. Most of these titles are lighthearted, some YA in theme, but Rebels is grim and dark that features resource management and some brutal character deaths.

You mentioned earlier that you don't like superhero titles, but I'd still recommend the Heroes Rise since I also steered away from superhero titles until I tried my hand on that one. There's also the reverse, where you play as the villain: Fallen Hero (mentioned before) where you play as a broken hero angry at an indifferent or uncaring world; and the recent Hero or Villain: Genesis, where as the title suggests, you can play as the hero or villain, but unlike the other superhero titles, this one actually lets you choose your superpowers at the beginning.

There's also niche themes like resource management (Kepler Colony and Stronghold), cosmic horror (Highlands, Deep Waters), gothic horror (Heart of the House), vampire (Choice of Vampires), zombies (Zombie Exodus), mythology and godhood (Tower Behind the Moon, Champion/Exile of the Gods series) and mecha (Mecha Ace and Magikiras).

There's more than a 100 CoG/HG titles combined, and I'd suggest reaching out to @Phytoplankton since they have a comprehensive list of both titles. Good luck!!!

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
It's a recent policy of CoG/HG, there will be no save/export feature until the sequel is near release, then the game will have an update that features the save/export feature.

As for recommendations, I'd suggest playing Choice of Robots for CoG's lineup, it's probably among the best, if not the best, CoG title.

HG titles. If you like gritty fantasy Napoleonic Wars, try the Sea of Infinity series. From the same author of the series, A Study in Steampunk is a fantasy/steampunk version of Sherlock Holmes where old Shirley is your right hand and you play as a Watson expy. There's also Lost Heir trilogy, an epic fantasy where you can roleplay a character from many classic rpg classes, and Heroes Rise trilogy, where you play as a newbie hero that tells their journey from nobody to legend. These four are probably the best HG titles that I'd recommend.

Titles that involve magic, I'd recommend Kendrickstone/Cryptkeepers series, Way Walkers Uni series, Evertree/Sordwin series, Choice of Rebels, and Keeper of the Sun and Mood, aside from the aforementioned Choice of Magic (from the same author of Choice of Rebels) and Lost Heir trilogy. Most of these titles are lighthearted, some YA in theme, but Rebels is grim and dark that features resource management and some brutal character deaths.

You mentioned earlier that you don't like superhero titles, but I'd still recommend the Heroes Rise since I also steered away from superhero titles until I tried my hand on that one. There's also the reverse, where you play as the villain: Fallen Hero (mentioned before) where you play as a broken hero angry at an indifferent or uncaring world; and the recent Hero or Villain: Genesis, where as the title suggests, you can play as the hero or villain, but unlike the other superhero titles, this one actually lets you choose your superpowers at the beginning.

There's also niche themes like resource management (Kepler Colony and Stronghold), cosmic horror (Highlands, Deep Waters), gothic horror (Heart of the House), vampire (Choice of Vampires), zombies (Zombie Exodus), mythology and godhood (Tower Behind the Moon, Champion/Exile of the Gods series) and mecha (Mecha Ace and Magikiras).

There's more than a 100 CoG/HG titles combined, and I'd suggest reaching out to @Phytoplankton since they have a comprehensive list of both titles. Good luck!!!
That's a full list! Thank you soooo much and I didn't know about the new feature so thanks for explaining that too 💕💕💕

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years

Please See my signature or Game Review Section for two massive list :)

FelixMonroe143

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Sabres of infinity and Tin Man are both long stories with fascinating storylines. (Tin Man is a huge story!)
These stories kept me constantly coming back to COG/HG :D

SkyCocoa

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Yeah definitely one of the best HG game out there.
Post automatically merged:

I recommend Fatehaven (made by the same author)

Last edited:

soldi

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Choice of Pirates, Life of a Mobster, Choice of Steampunk (my favourite). Rent-a-vice is cool but not worth the price (too short)

0roxson0

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
I read the first and second book of Samurai Of Hyuga. I remember the first book but I can’t remember the later parts of the second book.

AsapDamian

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Ha I actually came to reccomend Samurai of Hyuga but I see you're already woke about it

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
You can check Highlands,deep waters
It's my fav 💗😎😎
I'll definitely do, thanks!

Yeah, love that series, and Wayhaven too...have you read it? If you've got any other recommendations I'd like to know, and thanks for dropping by!
Ha I actually came to reccomend Samurai of Hyuga but I see you're already woke about it

rohand30

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I'll definitely do, thanks!

Yeah, love that series, and Wayhaven too...have you read it? If you've got any other recommendations I'd like to know, and thanks for dropping by!
You're welcome😬😬