Kyocera Duraforce Pro

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,079 happy users since 2014.
Register

RefusedDarkness

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Device(Smartphone) Name: Kyocera DuraForce Pro

Price: Current price is $270 on Amazon but it is probably cheaper at your carrier.

Specs:
32GB ROM/3GB RAM
5" Display
13MP camera + 5MP front-facing camera
3240mAh non-removable Lithium ion (Li-ion)

Other: Integrated hard case that is extremely hard to break aswell as being waterproof for up to '6ft' (They list 6ft but in reality I have only gone 2ft deep for around 5 minutes to test it). It also comes with one macro and a fingerprint scanner which is really nice.

Important: This phone from what I have tried and researched is not root-able.

Thoughts: Ok the phone is very hard to break and I have purposely thrown it at concrete with little no damage at all, the water resistance is nice too since you don't need to be careful when you drop it in water or spill anything on it. In terms of use the phone runs pretty well and you can download quite a few applications before slowing down. It can get pretty hot and you can't remove the battery or anything which is kind of a downside but it shouldn't matter too much. The camera is f****ng horrible so don't buy this phone if you are looking to take nice pictures of anything but maybe a few up-close pet photos which can look pretty normal. The Speaker quality is about average but can get pretty goddamn loud if you want it to. Microphone from what I have heard isn't good either but people will still be able to hear you. The most disappointing part of this phone in all is the fact that I haven't been able to find a way to root it thus far and have only ended up with having to uninstall adware on my pc.

Overall: 5/10

-3 Non-rootable
-2 Bad Camera
-1 Microphone Quality Sucks
+1 'Indestructible'
+1 Fingerprint scanner and waterproof
+1 Battery life is longer than average
+1 Cheap