💬 Review Pitch Perfect

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,333,371 happy users since 2014.
Register

parkrimriim

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Pitch Perfect

When freshman Beca Mitchell is forced by her father to join a club, she choses the lowly looked upon Acapella group 'Barden Bellas'. She, along with her bandmates embark in a journey of friendship and self discovery in the way of winning a competition that can only clean the tained name of the Bellas.

Review:
Plotwise, the movie was nothing near unique nor special. You could easily change the setting to something like high school or even a workplace with a few tweaks (which for me isn't necessarily bad but is still something to point out.) It starts and ends with your typical movie archs, character and relationship development and of course the victory ending.

On the bright side, the acting was the highlight of this movie. Anna Kendrick's portrayal of Beca will forever be iconic along with Rebel Wilson's Fat Amy. The casting was a compliment to the characters and they made an effort to make them lifelike and you can really feel the development. No akward moments (unless scripted of course) and no overacting.

Another complimentary point of the movie is it's scriptwriting. A few chuckles and alot of laughs was all I remember when I watched the movie with it's crude humour and somewhat child friendly jokes. During emotional moments, the dialogue also does it's job to bring emotions out while at the same time maintaining tone and humorous atmosphere.

Overall, the movie is amazing. Not necessarily a family watch due to it's constant sexual references but must point out that a 10 year old relative of mine still enjoyed it.

Does it compare to other cult classics? Personally, yes. It's kind of Mean Girl's level of amazing, not unique, but amazing storytelling.

Would you recommend this to other users? Do I recommend it? Yes, definitely. If you enjoy musical and/or college-set movies then this should definitely be in your watchlist. There may be some weak points but they're easy to overlook due to it's enjoyability value.

I recommend this movie for ages 13 and above for it's sexual content by the way. (No actual scenes, just verbal references ranging from indirect to very brief.)

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐