Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
purplefugue
Helloooo!! Love to read and use a Kobo as my ebook reader. Working from home has allowed to catch up on my reading these days. I don't mind buying ebooks but some ebooks are only released on Kindle so then I go hunting for ePub versions. That's how I landed here.

I go through particular genre phases. Right now I'm ploughing through a thriller/murder series - the Agent Pendergast series (about 20 books). I love magical realism (eg. Alice Hoffman, Susanna Clark), horror (eg. Susan Hill, Shirley Jackson), travel (eg. Bill Bryson, Peter Mayle, Frances Mayes), literary fiction - old and new (eg. Edith Wharton, Audrey Niffenegger), books on books and reading, biographies .... depends on what strikes my fancy.

I'm an equal opportunity bookworm. I also believe you have to 'earn' the book. Something I read long ago - where if you can't get into a book, it may not be the book's fault. It may be that you're not in the right place/time/mindset whatever, to read it...yet! So put it away and go back to it some weeks or months later. You'll be surprised. I've had that happen quite a few times.

A really good book I'd recommend (one of my top 3!) - Perfume by Peter Suskind. In short, it's a book about a serial killer and perfume. And it's set in France in 1738 and it's unlike ANY murder fiction you've read before. I deliberately slowed down so as to drag out the pleasure of this good book. I hope you can find and enjoy it!
PS - the movie version was brilliantly done and so like the book too, especially that final scene.
Show full message