✯ Sbenny Recipes ✯ From Around The World ♁

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,420 happy users since 2014.
Register

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
~• Dendeng Balado •~
SBENNY.COM's Exclusive
axiom.png

~requested by @BlackQyve ;)
_20180831_075738.JPG

Indonesia is widely-known for the variety of foods. Unique and sensational to the taste-buds of aliens all over the multiverse.
Minang culture from Padang is famous for birthing countless restaurants of their specialized culinary-art and they will not prosper if their offerings aint superb, no?

This is..my personal adaptation of their well-guarded secret recipe only passed down to family members. Indonesians understand this, few even know the process in details.
Concentrate on reading carefully, focus on the special ingredients and elaborate preparations. This need ambition and determination. Motivation for overcoming a challenge.

So, here it is :
Ingredients :
* Traditionally a block of prime tender beef parts of choice meat. With my method, anything goes. Left-overs unwanted joints sinewy parts, cheap as hell directly from butchers or wet-markets or even mutton and whatever meat you can easily get hold of.
* Papaya. Green tough virgin-certified and a over-ripen orange-coloured fragrant-till-alcholic ones that fruit-vendors will gladly get rid of for a bargain. As ppl wait till its well-ripen and disregard fruits unfamiliar to their comfort-zone. They never knew what they had missed.
(click on image-thumbnails to view the larger-sizes pictures)
_20180831_075713.JPG
* Virgin Coconut Oil. Oh well, just go buy a bottle, where you can find Virgin Olive Oil as well. The process of making your own can possibly take up a college-course of its own. lol
_20180831_080314.JPG
* Soft and tender orange or citrus-type leaves. Just a few bit, like 10 will be enough and ignore it if it will force you to make a deal with the devil to get it. Not gonna ruined anything. Its just for the unique fresh citrusy-fragrant smell and taste.
* A bunch of Chilies. The long-thin red or green versions. Actually avoidable if you dare not attempt this err free-will folks. They are of the Nightshade-genus anyway, and might be mildly-poisonous for bodies not yet adapted since childhood.
* Rice. Steaming fluffy or tough long-grain variations. Sigh..bread or potatoes or spagetthi or whatever your carbo-fix.
* Ginger, Onion and Garlic. The usual suspects.
* Salt, Sugar, Black/White Pepper, Vinegar, Cooking Wine, MSG + your preferred herbs for personal taste.

Directions :
* Mince the meat till kingdom come, or just leave it in a blender/food processor until it become like a porridge sludge.
* That green papaya..mashed it up whole. Clear the seeds but leave the skin. Liquify it. Become The Terminator. Hasta La Vista..Baby.
It is Papain. The secret for tenderizing meats, the natural way. French use it for old-tough horse meats. Them are crazy, but smart. lol
* Combine and mix well the meat porridge with the papain soup. Both should be in liquid form.
* Dump those into a bowl or any container that will fits into your freezer.
* An hour or so, should be sufficient. Fusion cooking technique use cold as well as heat to cook or speed up process.

* Meanwhile..mashed that over-ripe papaya after removing the seeds and combine the sludge with the blended gingers, garlics, onions along with the rest of liquid and powdered ingredients.
Excluding the VCO, thats for serving with the meal later. Also..the chilies, if you got that prepared. Leave it for later.
You can boil the tough ones first..like orange leaves, to make it easier to be blended/mashed up into a mixed-well sludge porridge.
(Removing the veins of the leaves, skins of garlic/ginger/onion etc. I expect logic will prevail, but sometimes mistakes could be fun and experimentations leads to revelation)
* The approximate measurement regarding volume and composition of ingredients will be left to your preference. I personally love it sweet instead of salty. I love lotsa garlics, peppers and onions.

* Take out that meat paste from the freezer then combine and mix everything thoroughly. Grab a handle and do a Macarena on a large container. Boogie time. Disco Baby!
* Pour the result into a Tupperware™/baking pans forming thin sheets and put in in the freezer. Should look like this :
_20180831_080337.JPG
* Start freezing those at night waking in the morning ready for cooking will be efficient indeed. But I usually put it a day or more, even weeks for storage. Also to prolong the tenderizing and fermenting process so my meat will be unbeatably melt-in-your-mouth cheesy-texture and fragrantly-delicious to be truly irresistible. This is the Kobe-beef secret process..too.
:p
* You can barbeque/fry/smoke/cure or whatever your preference of taste with meat consumption habits.
* Serve it with your fried/steamed chillies and rice or between burger too if you want.
_20180831_075918.JPG _20180831_075941.JPG
Its traditionally served with poured VCO. Flooding it like a tsunami. Trust me, its healthy and delicious also will not give an icky taste..at all.

My version of recipe will look like this :
_20180831_075824.JPG

The Papaya ingredient is personal innovation. Removing the need to only use prime and hence expensive meats, as I can utilize Papain to tenderize unwanted meats that others thought as unsuitable.
The ripe Papaya will also brighten the colour, adding sweet fragrant-fruity taste not to mention the Vit C and Beta Carotene children needs that otherwise they will avoid directly if not hidden in a meat form.

Five basic senses and sixth sense too from the mysterious ponderings out of a simple food. Utilizing them to the max.
Cooking is FUN. Food is Entertainment. Sharing is Love.
Fox Mulder's poster stated "The Truth is Out There"

People got rich from innovations like these. This particular meal is usually served in restaurants ONLY serving ONE of this as their sole offering in the menu.
Lines forming and two hours of packed lunch-time will be enough to call it a day. Whatta prospect huh. Food industry is an eternal vocation.

In Singapore too, it has become a National icon and Regional sensation.
images(3).jpg _20180831_080404.JPG
Got to go. Took me from 7am-11am.
Hope you folks like it.
Will edit later on if needed.
(Hey, you ppl Really are stingy with the fingers. Where is The Love..The Like ?!?)
:cheekydroid:

Last edited:

yuyuy90

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Ingredients for Bubur Sumsum (coconut pudding)

• 100 gram rice flour
  • 650 ml coconut milk
  • ½ tea spoon of salt
  • 3 sheet of pandan leaves
  • 200 gram of Gula Java Brut (palm sugar)
  • 100 ml water
Preparation
Preparation time: 5Min / Cooking time: 35Min / Total cooking time: 40Min
  1. Boil the water and gula java palm sugar and let shimmer until it becomes a syrup and creamy. Set aside.
  2. Mix flour and salt, partially with coconut milk. Keep stirring every 5 minutes to avoid the pudding sticking to the bottom (small heat)
  3. Add some pandan leaves
  4. Cook until the pudding become thicker (how thick the pudding is up to you)
  5. Serve with liquid Gula Java palm sugar

Icantthinkofgoodname

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years

Homemade Poison {All-grain-danish beer}
What you need is a lot of Patience and lots of bottles. Lol

Things you need :
4+ gallon pot. The bigger the better! A aluminum lobster pot works great.
6 gallon plastic bucket with a spigot for sanitizing and bottling.
6 gallon fermentation bucket. These have a lid with a hole drilled for an airlock.
Airlock and stopper.
3 or 4 small nylon bags for adding hops to the boil. Pantyhose works in a pinch, but try to use a new pair.
Racking cane. This is to syphon beer out of the fermentor or kettle. There are "auto-syphon" versions that save headaches and help with good sanitation practices.
Food grade sanitizer, either iodine based or acid based.
Hydrometer and Hydrometer Jar.
Waterproof thermometer with a range that includes 130*F-190*F.
Bottle caps
Bottle capper
Bottling wand
5 feet of 3/8 inch beverage line. Use this for transferring beer and filling bottles.
Bottles.You'll need enough for 5 gallons, so either 30 of the 22oz bottles or 55 of the 12 oz variety. If you want to save money, just throw a party, have your friends bring the beers and keep leftover bottles. Or just save your own. They need to be the non-twist-off variety and they need to be thoroughly cleaned. You can stick them in the dishwasher, but don't use detergent.

Description :
5.7 PH

Ingredients :
  • 2.00 tsp - Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60 min) (Misc)
  • 17 lbs 3.1 oz - Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) (Grain)
  • 1 lbs 1.6 oz - Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) (Grain)
  • 1 lbs 1.6 oz - Munich Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) (Grain)
  • 1.8 oz - Target [10.0%] - Boil 60 min (Hops)
  • 1.0 oz - Saaz [4.0%] - Boil 10 min (Hops)
  • 1 pkgs - Danish Lager (Wyeast Labs #2042) (Yeast)

Beer Profile :
Original Gravity: 1.043 (10.8° P)
Final Gravity: 1.008 SG (2.0° P)
Alcohol by Vol: 4.7%
Color SRM: 6.6 Color Sample
Bitterness IBU: 34.1
Recipe Type: all-grain
Yield: 11.62 US Gallons

Instruction :

Step 1: Make a Starter
A starter consists of a little dry malt extract boiled with water and cooled in a lab flask or a small fermenter. It is essentially a mini-beer used to wake up the yeast and get them populated and healthy enough ferment a much larger batch of beer. This is best made a day or two before you ferment your lager.
Starters are mandatory for lagers. Since lagers are fermented at lower temperatures, yeast do not grow as fast as they do in ales, so starting out with a larger number of yeast is very important from a yeast health perspective. If you don’t pitch enough yeast, the ferment could go exceptionally slow, giving the chance for competing microbes to grow instead, ruining your beer. Pitching too much yeast could also be problematic since the yeast specific flavors in beer are created during their growth phase. If you do not allow the yeast to grow, you will not get these flavors!

Step 2: Boil
Time to brew! Throw all your ingredients into a pot and boil according to your recipe. You can stick to traditional lager styles such as maibocks, marzens, pilsners, and the like, or you can get crafty. Why not try an India Pale Lager? Or lager a stout? No reason at all! Any beer style can be lagered to tremendous results.
We kept this step short because you can use just about any beer recipe in existence and make a lager from it, just use a lager yeast!

Step 3: Primary Fermentation; Pitch, and Keep it Cold!
Days 1 – 20: Chill your starter and your wort to the same temperature and pitch the yeast. Lagers must be fermented cold. This usually means a temperature range between 48º F and 55º F depending on the strain Once they are pitch the whole starter into your wort and seal your fermenter.

Step 4: Diacetly rest: Increase temperature to 65º F.
Days 20 – 23: By this point, your wort will have fermented into a beer! Lager yeasts take around 3 weeks to fully ferment the sugars into alcohol. During this process, they also create a compound called Diacetyl which has a pronounced butterscotch candy flavor. Diacetyl is produced by all yeast during first few days of fermentation, and is cleaned up by the same yeast after primary fermentation is complete. If left alone, the cleaning process will take upwards of 3 weeks. To speed this up, increase the temperature to the mid 60s and it will only take 3 days (warmer temps = faster yeast). It is safe to do this now because fermentation is complete all the flavor compounds you were after have been created already, so you aren’t at risk for any bad fermentation flavors sneaking in. It is a good idea to taste your lager every day using a thief until you can no longer detect any butterscotch. Once the butterscotch is gone, you’re ready to lager condition.

Step 5: True Lagering
Days 24 – 50: It’s lager time! Slowly lower the temperature from the 60s of your diacetyl rest to the low 40s or upper 30s and hold it there for a few more weeks. Be sure to lower the temperature slowly! By lowering the temp 1º to 2º per day, the yeast are slowly eased into the lager. This keeps them healthy for the next phase of fermentation. If you lower the temperature too quickly, they will be shocked into releasing a large amount of esters into the beer, potentially altering the flavor profile. The lagering process will assist in flocculation, allowing the solids to fall out of suspension and settle on the bottom of your vessel, producing an exceptionally clean final product.
Once complete, it is time to keg or bottle. Remember to sanitize your serving vessel before transferring. While fermentation temperature control is the separating factor between commercial and home brewed beer, forgetting basic sanitation will result in undrinkable and/or toxic beer. Keg or bottle your beer, and enjoy!

~Cheers~

Last edited:

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Resep-Selendang-Mayang.jpg

Whats better other than eating a delicious food?
Well eating it with an equally tasty drink of course!

So here you go, one of traditional drink from Indonesia.

Es Selendang Mayang

Ingredients

900 ml water

150 gr mung bean flour (hunkwe)

50 gr powdered milk

100 gr sugar

Pandan water - as desired

Topping

50 gr pacar cina

50 gr jackfruit

500 ml coconut milk

200 ml simple syrup

(Note : You can use any other different kind of fruits for topping, be it Strawberry, Banana, or even My personal favorite Durian!)

Method

Boil 500 ml water and sugar.

In a separate bowl, mix mung bean flour, powdered milk and 400 ml water.

Add flour mixture to the boiling water, stir until it is thick and glossy.

Put mixture in a mold and cool in a chiller until it sets.

Serve slices of the Selendang Mayang with the toppings.

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
{ Cadbury & Chocolate Oreo with Ice Cream Cake} The size of recipe title doesn't matter when you make it then taste it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ingredients~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 half of a chocolate sponge cake (freeze the other half)

1 litre of Ola chocolate ice cream

1 packet original Oreo Cookies

120 grams Cadbury’s Oreo Chocolate

80 grams Cadbury’s Milk Chocolate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Instructions~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.Take the ice cream out from the freezer.

2.Set aside the baking tin used to bake the cake.

3.Line the baking tin with cling wrap, covering all sides and allowing for over-lapping on the sides.

4.Slice one round half of the chocolate sponge cake into two. You will now have two thin rounds of sponge cake. This is what you will be using, so wrap and freeze the un-sliced sponge cake for another day.

5.Place one of the thin rounds into the tin and press down so it fits snugly.

6.In the meantime, break up the Oreo cookies in chunks.

7.Chop up half of the Oreo chocolate slab in chunks.

6.Chop up half of the milk chocolate slab in chunks.

7.Grate the balance of the chocolate slabs and put in a container to be used just before serving.

8.By this time the ice cream should have defrosted (but must not be runny) enough to be able to mix through the cookies and chocolate.

9.Then scoop the ice cream with cookies and chocolate onto the first layer of the sponge cake inside the baking tin.

10.Smooth out.

11.Then put the second thin sponge cake layer on top of the ice cream and press down firmly.

12.Fold the over-lapping cling wrap over the top of the cake and seal. You may need to put another piece of cling wrap over to secure and ensure no ice gets into the cake.

13.Place in freezer for about two hours.

14.Take out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving, so that the cake can reach almost room temperature in the baking tin.

15.The cake can be turned onto a serving plate and the cling wrap removed.

16.Decorate the top of the cake with the slithered and chopped chocolates which were set aside.

17.Slice and top with chocolate sauce if you want.

Enjoy! :happydroid:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Reminders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Freezing sponge cakes works well. They must be well wrapped in aluminium foil (tin foil) and then cling wrapped tightly. I usually then put in a sealed container over and above the wrapping and freeze to ensure safety of the cakes.

Once they have defrosted and reached room temperature, they then can have icing or frosting put on, if required.

Silverka

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Okay so I'm from Bulgaria and hers my favorite food in my country it's called - Banitsa (Баница)

Ingredients:
-16 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
-2 cups feta cheese
-3 large eggs
-1 teaspoon salt
-3⁄4 cup butter (melted)
-1 cup milk
images (1).jpeg

635549817077534959.jpg
IMG_0829-1300x867.jpg

Description:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, ( glass pyrex pan works great for this recipe) brush melted butter all over bottom amd sides of baking pan.
  2. Mix salt, cheese and milk and eggsin a bowl , combine and stir ingredients well.
  3. Put down 5 sheets of phyllo dough down in buttered pan and brush over with melted butter. You can also put down one sheet at a time and butter seperatelly.
  4. Pour enough of the mixture to cover phyllo sheets and top with 3 more sheets.
  5. Continue to repeat the process: put down 3 sheets and make sure to brush them well with butter then layer with mixture until all of the mixture is done, then cover with atleast 2 sheets. I preffer not to butter the top sheets as they tend to get very hard after the banitsa is done baking.
  6. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden, make sure mixture is cooked in the middle by cutting into banitsa. When the mixture is cooked it will not be runny.
  7. Once banitsa is done cover it with either a towell or the lid to the pan and let it sit and cool before cutting it or serving. Covering it lets the steam soften the phyllo dough sheets.

Cinders8888

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Razhell, find a cook here!! Lmao
Post automatically merged:

Getting some recipes together. I'm more of an "eyeing it" kinda gal. I have to get measurements down to share.

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Member for 8 years
Tonight's Recipe is: Steak {London Broil} & Steamed Lobster With Spaghetti In a Crab Sauce

I made this a few nights ago and I'm finally getting around to posting this. You can use any cut of steak you like. I chose a London Broil as I was making this for my family and grilling or broiling 4-6 steaks plus everything else I made was a bit much.
Remember to read the whole recipe before starting you will need to time things to get done close together.

Serving Size: Approx: 4 {Can be easily adjusted to make more or less}

Ingredients: {For London Broil}
1, 2lb {approx} London Broil Steak
1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Of Hot Sauce {Or Sriracha}
1/2 teaspoon of Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning Mix {Oregano, Basil, Parsley}
1 teaspoon of fresh minced Garlic
Grated Parmesan Cheese {Enough to sprinkle over the London Broil}

Directions: {For London Broil}
Marinate the London Broil in the Soy Sauce & Sriracha for about 30 mins or more before your ready to cook it.
Preheat the over to 350. Place London Broil in a baking pan with a rack.
Season London Broil with Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning Mix, Fresh minced Garlic & Grated Parmesan Cheese.
20180903_162202_Film1.jpg

Place in oven for 25 mins, then in broiler for approx 10 mins until the cheese is golden brown and the fat around the edges looks crisp.
London Broil should be medium well with this time setting. If you like it more rare or well done, adjust time by a few minutes up or down.
20180903_165625_Film1.jpg

20180903_170303_Film1.jpg

Ingredients: {For Steamed Lobsters}
4 Lobsters {Approx, 1lb -1 and a half lbs.} {You can make more or less depending on how many people you are cooking for.
A Large Double Pot to Steam already cooked Lobsters or A regular large pot to steam them live.
{I get mine on sale and pre-steamed at the market, freeze them to use later.}

Directions:
Boil Live for about 8-11 mins until bright red. Steam pre-cooked lobsters {thawed out} for about 15 mins
20180903_160601_Film1.jpg

Ingredients: {For Spaghetti & Crab Sauce with Crabs}
1lb of dry pasta {Your choice. Long Spaghetti, Ziti, Rigatoni, Penne}
1lb can of lump crab meat
6 uncooked crabs {You will be cooking them in the sauce to flavor it}
1 large jar or spaghetti sauce {if you have home made sauce you can use that, but with everything going on, I used jar sauce. I bought tomato, roasted garlic & onion flavor}

Directions:
Boil Pasta according to the box instructions and your liking.
Simmer Sauce with 6 uncooked crabs back burner for about 1 hour {You can thin sauce out some with water if you don't like thicker sauce. You can also make more crabs if you need to.}
crabsinsauce.jpg

Add canned crab meat to sauce near the end.
Remove crabs from sauce aside. Open and clean them when ready to eat.
Place cooked pasta in crab sauce. Place pasta and crabs on plate. Top with Grated Parmesan Cheese.
You can add shrimp to this meal if you like as well.
crabs-and-spaghetti.jpg

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Tonight's Recipe is: Steak {London Broil} & Steamed Lobster With Spaghetti In a Crab Sauce

I made this a few nights ago and I'm finally getting around to posting this. You can use any cut of steak you like. I chose a London Broil as I was making this for my family and grilling or broiling 4-6 steaks plus everything else I made was a bit much.
Remember to read the whole recipe before starting you will need to time things to get done close together.

1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce

Marinate the London Broil in the Soy Sauce & Sriracha for about 30 mins or more before your ready to cook it.
Season London Broil with Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning Mix, Fresh minced Garlic & Grated Parmesan Cheese.
View attachment 6106
Place in oven for 25 mins, then in broiler for approx 10 mins until the cheese is golden brown and the fat around the edges looks crisp.
London Broil should be medium well with this time setting. If you like it more rare or well done, adjust time by a few minutes up or down.
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108

4 Lobsters {Approx, 1lb -1 and a half lbs.} {You can make more or less depending on how many people you are cooking for.
A Large Double Pot to Steam already cooked Lobsters or A regular large pot to steam them live.

Directions:
Boil Live for about 8-11 mins until bright red. Steam pre-cooked lobsters {thawed out} for about 15 mins
View attachment 6110

1 large jar or spaghetti sauce {if you have home made sauce you can use that, but with everything going on, I used jar sauce. I bought tomato, roasted garlic & onion flavor}

Directions:
Simmer Sauce with 6 uncooked crabs back burner for about 1 hour {You can thin sauce out some with water if you don't like thicker sauce. You can also make more crabs if you need to.}
View attachment 6116
Place cooked pasta in crab sauce. Place pasta and crabs on plate. Top with Grated Parmesan Cheese.
View attachment 6118
:stareyedroid:
images(1).jpg

Got few recipes..waiting for Time. lol
images.jpg

Crunchy Jelly Calamari and various Indonesia's Treasures :
_20180831_081046.JPG
images(5).jpg

Them Stinky! but Goody!
and..Crispy Fragrant Beef Tripes :
_20180831_081101.JPG

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years

1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce

View attachment 6106
View attachment 6107
View attachment 6108

Directions:
View attachment 6110

Directions:
View attachment 6116
View attachment 6118
My room will gonna flood because i'm drooling heavily
My goodness that steak if i can only just grab it on image
My stomach is craving for that pasta too..!

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Seems like interests has simmerred into a cool broth.
Such a pity. Alas.
I originally planned to share plenty more of saliva-inducing poisons :
_20180908_085447.JPG
_20180908_085459.JPG
_20180908_085511.JPG
_20180908_085212.JPG

Am a Consultant to local food-industry..for the past decade.
Yan can Cook! YOU too. Yes..You.
:kissdroid: