Are modified versions of WhatsApp safe to use?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,353 happy users since 2014.
Register

jackBDMN

Lurker Lv0️⃣
I have seen many people using modified versions of WhatsApp. They use them because the modified version provides many features that the original WhatsApp does not provide. I have heard, some people say that WhatsApp modders can access and steal our internal storage. So, do they perform such activities? Is it safe to use these modified versions?

AnnaEnea

♥️Mod LP From Sbennytopia♥️ SB Cartel Max Level ❤
✌️ Community Team
SB Mod Squad ⭐
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
🎮 Testing Team
Active User
LP Queen 👑
Member for 4 years
Honestly I use original WhatsApp

AnnaEnea

✌️ Community Team
SB Mod Squad ⭐
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
🎮 Testing Team
Active User
LP Queen 👑
Member for 4 years
Do you have any idea about it? Should I use it or it isn't safe?
I've never downloaded modified WhatsApp so I don't know what they changed! That's why I prefer the original, of course that's my opinion

secretbunker

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Richest VIPs
Member for 7 years
You're wise to have doubts.
Doubts allow us to think before we leap.
You've heard the expression "better safe than sorry".
If that little voice inside your skull is saying, "Stop, don't do it", you'd be wise NOT to do it, otherwise you'll end up with many regrets.

AnnaEnea

✌️ Community Team
SB Mod Squad ⭐
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
🎮 Testing Team
Active User
LP Queen 👑
Member for 4 years
You're wise to have doubts.
Doubts allow us to think before we leap.
You've heard the expression "better safe than sorry".
If that little voice inside your skull is saying, "Stop, don't do it", you'd be wise NOT to do it, otherwise you'll end up with many regrets.
Big 😍

jackBDMN

Lurker Lv0️⃣
My friends have been using it for years and haven't faced any issues yet. The mod version has many useful features, especially for businessmen. So I am interested in using it but I wanna know if it is safe or not. My friends are using AN Whatsapp apk which is a modified version. I have visited the official website, and there they've mentioned that it is completely safe to use and that even your WhatsApp account will not be banned.

AnnaEnea

✌️ Community Team
SB Mod Squad ⭐
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
🎮 Testing Team
Active User
LP Queen 👑
Member for 4 years
My friends have been using it for years and haven't faced any issues yet. The mod version has many useful features, especially for businessmen. So I am interested in using it but I wanna know if it is safe or not. My friends are using AN Whatsapp apk which is a modified version. I have visited the official website, and there they've mentioned that it is completely safe to use and that even your WhatsApp account will not be banned.
Nobody forbids you to download this WhatsApp mod if it is safe or not I don't know because I've never used WhatsApp mod so you are free to do what you want

AnnaEnea

✌️ Community Team
SB Mod Squad ⭐
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
🎮 Testing Team
Active User
LP Queen 👑
Member for 4 years

BriFi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Hey, I know this is very late, but wanted to toss in my doubts. I have no solid, evidentiary-based example, and I myself have used just about every WA mod known to man and haven't faced noticable breeches. But lately, large comm and social media providers have clamped down on letting mod apps use their API, the critical feature that lets you link your official account with the modded app...without it you would have to start from total scratch. Like with the Vanced YouTube Mod, without the ability to login using the Vanced Microg (API), Vanced YouTube would essentially be only useful if u were willing to start an entirely new account. No playlists, no history, nothing. Well, it's the same with any mod of any major platform, and recently, the companies all took a stand and said that they would allow APIs, but it would cost some insane sum of money per month. We're talking like $16,000 a month per every 100,000 user APIs registered. Essentially they didn't deny the devs, but obviously intended to eliminate the practice. What mod users are going to pay $60-80 a month for the mod? Whatsapp, if I'm correct, was one of the big ones to stick by this legal request, as did Reddit. So...this begs the question...have you been charged large sums of money lately? No? Well, are they paying that crazy sum if the cost isn't passed to users? Why would they do that? Like the saying goes, "if something hard earned is offered to you for free, YOU are the product that's for sale."

Now, I encourage you to double check me. This is an ongoing legal matter ..maybe it hasn't been settled in court and WA mod devs are just riding out the clock before sending out notices. Idk. Again, I've used them all and loved them, but after the recent API wars, I've decided to only keep ReVanced YouTube. I deleted Reddit at the account level, plus I had 2 accounts banned using those mods. Same with Instagram. I'm pretty sure they're gonna win this anyway, so I'm just going to adapt to a different environment and habits. IMO, if these mega rich corporations can't stand a little small scale competition with their highrise offices full of Yale grads getting butthurt over 7 coders sitting in their living rooms offering extra customization and larger media transfers, then I don't want their services. Why not hire those coders as consultants, improve their lives immensely, and give people more options? These corporations are getting control hungry and petty, so they can kick rocks. Luckily this group has kept me saner through the transition. Now if I have to give up YouTube, I'll be real, real sad, not gonna lie. But that "YOU are the thing for sale" is pretty much true in about all cases, so that's my default answer if I can't decide.

Oh yeah, u should also look into apps like "MyAPK" or Lucky Patcher /SB Patcher (I'd use a good VPN with LP tho). They can easily display which permissions have been enabled/disabled (which is essentially how you get hacked or banned from official accounts). U can see if it's been modded before, which is good to see if ever forced to get a mod from an untrusted site to check if additional modifications were made. If you need any additional pointers or screenshots of these diagnostics, I'm happy to try. brifi.webdesign@protonmail.com. take cate 🥷🏻

Trilly Reign

Creator Of TrillyMods
Member for 6 years
Hey, I know this is very late, but wanted to toss in my doubts. I have no solid, evidentiary-based example, and I myself have used just about every WA mod known to man and haven't faced noticable breeches. But lately, large comm and social media providers have clamped down on letting mod apps use their API, the critical feature that lets you link your official account with the modded app...without it you would have to start from total scratch. Like with the Vanced YouTube Mod, without the ability to login using the Vanced Microg (API), Vanced YouTube would essentially be only useful if u were willing to start an entirely new account. No playlists, no history, nothing. Well, it's the same with any mod of any major platform, and recently, the companies all took a stand and said that they would allow APIs, but it would cost some insane sum of money per month. We're talking like $16,000 a month per every 100,000 user APIs registered. Essentially they didn't deny the devs, but obviously intended to eliminate the practice. What mod users are going to pay $60-80 a month for the mod? Whatsapp, if I'm correct, was one of the big ones to stick by this legal request, as did Reddit. So...this begs the question...have you been charged large sums of money lately? No? Well, are they paying that crazy sum if the cost isn't passed to users? Why would they do that? Like the saying goes, "if something hard earned is offered to you for free, YOU are the product that's for sale."

Now, I encourage you to double check me. This is an ongoing legal matter ..maybe it hasn't been settled in court and WA mod devs are just riding out the clock before sending out notices. Idk. Again, I've used them all and loved them, but after the recent API wars, I've decided to only keep ReVanced YouTube. I deleted Reddit at the account level, plus I had 2 accounts banned using those mods. Same with Instagram. I'm pretty sure they're gonna win this anyway, so I'm just going to adapt to a different environment and habits. IMO, if these mega rich corporations can't stand a little small scale competition with their highrise offices full of Yale grads getting butthurt over 7 coders sitting in their living rooms offering extra customization and larger media transfers, then I don't want their services. Why not hire those coders as consultants, improve their lives immensely, and give people more options? These corporations are getting control hungry and petty, so they can kick rocks. Luckily this group has kept me saner through the transition. Now if I have to give up YouTube, I'll be real, real sad, not gonna lie. But that "YOU are the thing for sale" is pretty much true in about all cases, so that's my default answer if I can't decide.

Oh yeah, u should also look into apps like "MyAPK" or Lucky Patcher /SB Patcher (I'd use a good VPN with LP tho). They can easily display which permissions have been enabled/disabled (which is essentially how you get hacked or banned from official accounts). U can see if it's been modded before, which is good to see if ever forced to get a mod from an untrusted site to check if additional modifications were made. If you need any additional pointers or screenshots of these diagnostics, I'm happy to try. brifi.webdesign@protonmail.com. take cate 🥷🏻
Just wanted to add that you can also use Exodus to scan apps for backdoors, weird permissions, etc. That's what the app was built for.

All in all, good explanation, suggestions, and summary.

BriFi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Thanks for the suggest, I don't think I've had Exodus yet, which is becoming a lil rare these days. Would you use it instead of a LP type of patcher, decompiler, etc or is it more of a diagnostic and specs security thing? Nevermind, I'll look it up. I forget that the webs exists sometimes. 🫠 Edit: I just noticed the bold font with ur Exodus link, and was like pleaaaaseee be a link!! You're awesome 🥹

ameliafarnad

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Yes, modified version of whatsapp is safe many peopole use modified version of whatsapp i am also use latest version of an whatsapp and i get many features that are very helpful for get more features and the most important thing this version not banned or any security issues.