✅ Solved Can i overwrite a MOD with an unmodded version?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,521 happy users since 2014.
Register

KartoffelInnen

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hey guys, i have a pretty simple question.

Can i somehow unMOD a game without loosing the game data?

For example, if the MOD is version 1.3.7 and the current version is 1.3.9, can I somehow update to the current unmodded Google Play Store version?

Or is there any other way to transfer game data/savegames from Modded versions to nonmodded versions?

Thanks in advance, KartoffelInnen

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
The answer is YES you can . Download the original game from apkpure, then resign it with Apk editor or Lucky patcher. And simply simply overwrite Install. But going modded version to unmodded can cause some negative numbers issues. Keep this to your mind. If you need any further help feel free to reply. 😊

Last edited:

KartoffelInnen

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
How do i overwrite Install though? Sorry I am really noob.
So i have a game that is modded and i have the APK of an unmodded version. What are the steps i need to do, to overwrite install?

By just installing the apk, nothing happens

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
How do i overwrite Install though? Sorry I am really noob.
So i have a game that is modded and i have the APK of an unmodded version. What are the steps i need to do, to overwrite install?

By just installing the apk, nothing happens
Just Install the non modded signed app over your mod.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Well maybe I will make a step by step guide when I get some free time 😊

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
I think I have some free time now. Well... so I am telling you step by step.

First of all, migrating from modded to unmodded version can cause some problems. Like if you have a high number of currencies or items as mod features then on the unmodded version you can see negative numbers. And those currencies or items will be unusable. And you can't downgrade your game without root so you have to wait for the latest mod version.

Well as you are now well aware of the possible consequence. You can proceed to the next step.

At the very beginning, you can upgrade from modded to unmodded with your saved data only if the modded version has debug/test sign. How you check it? Simple. Download and install Lucky patcher. Now open lucky patcher and find your game. If your game has debug sign it will show you a green clove leaf. For example...
Screenshot_20200826-001155.png

You can see the green clove? Great proceed to next step.

Now I assume you have the latest unmodded original game version on your phone storage. If not simply download it from apkpure. Now open Lucky patcher and go to "Rebuild & Install". Now find the game you downloaded and tap it. Now select "Rebuild". Now chose Resign with test signature. Wait until it finishes. After finishing select " Go to file" and "Install". Done (make sure you sufficient storage btw). And when the latest mod comes out just simply install it.

Last of all If you need any further help regarding this matter feel free to reply. 😊

KartoffelInnen

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks a lot, I gotta test this later, but at least you gave me an idea. Thanks for your time and effort!

KartoffelInnen

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
So thank you again for your step by step explanation. It really worked!
Is there a way to enable the google play Login, although I am sitting on Gamedata that resulted out of a modded version?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
So thank you again for your step by step explanation. It really worked!
Is there a way to enable the google play Login, although I am sitting on Gamedata that resulted out of a modded version?
Well no your data do not defined as modded or non modded. What defines is the apk signature. Now that apk you have a Installed maybe not modded but it doesn't have orginal signature either(remember you changed it using Lucky patcher ?). Google play login is only possible with modded apps only if you have root.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Do you have a trick to gain the Google play signature aswell?
Well nah that's impossible. But if you have root you can install your modded unsigned game over the original playstore one.

KartoffelInnen

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Somehow i didn't manage to just install my modded version over the Google Play version. I guess I will stay noob in terms of handling this stuff :>

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Somehow i didn't manage to just install my modded version over the Google Play version. I guess I will stay noob in terms of handling this stuff :>
You cant install modded version over google play version unless you have root.

QuaZero

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
If lucky patcher doesn't work for you then you should try xposed module called core patch. It more stable than patching with lucky patcher, especially for newer android version

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Heya,

I'm closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as this question has been resolved. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!