How do you mod .apks file?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,301 happy users since 2014.
Register

randombs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
First, if this question has been asked before then I apologize as I've been searched through the forums and couldn't find any.

I've been stuck on how to mod .apks file for a while now as it is very different from modding a single .apk file. The .apks files that I want to mod are CoG or HG game files, specifically the .json files inside base.apk. Is there a turtorial or guide on how to do it?

Thank you.

randombs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I've tried that method but it wouldn't work on .apks files nor the base.apk in the .apks file. When I try to rebuild it, the compiler just returns an error.

Qwertyuiopasdf

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
I doubt that will help, Harry. He said that modding APKs is different to APK, which mean a degree of familiarity with modding with APK format, which the only thing that guide covers. Keep in mind, I'm not an expert in the subject, since I haven't encounter any CoG or HG games that have APKs format, you'll have to wait Kasami, Daniel, Gourov, or any other that are an expert confirmation, but I'll try anyway. Rename the extension to zip, then do what you normally do before repacking it, copy all the configuration (Except the language you don't need maybe) to the folder where you copy the base apk content, repack it, rename it to APKs, then install it with SAI with Sign APKs option on.

Qwertyuiopasdf

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
I doubt that will help, Harry. He said that modding APKs is different to APK, which mean a degree of familiarity with modding with APK format, which the only thing that guide covers. Keep in mind, I'm not an expert in the subject, since I haven't encounter any CoG or HG games that have APKs format, you'll have to wait Kasami, Daniel, Gourov, or any other that are an expert confirmation, but I'll try anyway. Rename the extension to zip, then do what you normally do before repacking it, copy all the configuration (Except the language you don't need maybe) to the folder where you copy the base apk content, repack it, rename it to APKs, then install it with SAI with Sign APKs option on.
I'm wrong on some points, copy the all configuration file after repacking the base.apk content, archive the new base.apk and the configuration file, rename it APKs, do what you always do on LP, and install it there as well while you're at it

Harry Severus

😎Wizard👁 of Sbennytopia
Member for 3 years
@Qwertyuiopasdf I told him about the method which you had told me earlier. I told him in the a private chat and he is saying 'that' method is not working. You did see the private chat right @randombs ?

Harry Severus

😎Wizard👁 of Sbennytopia
Member for 3 years
I am eager if someone actually tells the working method here.

randombs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I'm wrong on some points, copy the all configuration file after repacking the base.apk content, archive the new base.apk and the configuration file, rename it APKs, do what you always do on LP, and install it there as well while you're at it
So, I did that what you wrote here. This method worked and you can install the .apks to your phone.

However when I try to change a .json file inside base.apk, a parsing error would occur whenever I tried to install it. From what I could find, this happens because the base.apk has a different signature from the other config.apk.

What this means is, while I can unlock the payment restriction on an .apks file, I can't edit the .json file inside base.apk.

Erm, sorry if what I said is a little hard to understand, English ain't my first language.

Qwertyuiopasdf

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Let's just wait for @KasamiGi. What game are you trying to mod anyway? CoG/HG games extension are usually APK, not APKS

randombs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Pon Para and the Great Southern Labyrinth, trying to change a couple of things in that game's codex. CoG/HG apps from the google playstore now uses .apks since August iirc.

Qwertyuiopasdf

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Pon Para and the Great Southern Labyrinth, trying to change a couple of things in that game's codex. CoG/HG apps from the google playstore now uses .apks since August iirc.
Then Why not go to a third party site like APKCombo? The extension is APK there

randombs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Then Why not go to a third party site like APKCombo? The extension is APK there
I wanted to see if I could just edit the .apks file itself wihout having to download the .apk from a third party site.

randombs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Think I found a way to mod the .apks file though you need a PC, Easy APK Tool, Anti-Split-G2, and Lucky Patcher .

randombs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Think I found a way to mod the .apks file though you need a PC, Easy APK Tool, Anti-Split-G2, and Lucky Patcher.
1. Open APK Easy Tool and go to Options
2. In Options, go to the Apktool tab, tick don't decode resources.arsc and don't decode classes.dex
3. Decompile the base.apk
4. In the decompiled base.apk folder, edit the .json files inside
5. After you're done, compile the base.apk folder
6. Select the compiled base.apk, config.apk, config.hdpi.apk and sign them all at once using APK Easy Tool
7. Archive the signed .apk files into a zip, then change it into an .apks file
8. Send the new .apks file to your phone and using Anti-Split-G2 merge the .apk files into 1 .apk
9. In LP, select Rebuild & Install and find the .apk file that was created
10. Select Rebuild, then pick Re-sign with test signature
11. Install the .apk through LP

Doing this, I can mod a .json file inside the base.apk though only through PC and not my phone. Is there a simpler way to do it?

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 5 years
1. Open APK Easy Tool and go to Options
2. In Options, go to the Apktool tab, tick don't decode resources.arsc and don't decode classes.dex
3. Decompile the base.apk
4. In the decompiled base.apk folder, edit the .json files inside
5. After you're done, compile the base.apk folder
6. Select the compiled base.apk, config.apk, config.hdpi.apk and sign them all at once using APK Easy Tool
7. Archive the signed .apk files into a zip, then change it into an .apks file
8. Send the new .apks file to your phone and using Anti-Split-G2 merge the .apk files into 1 .apk
9. In LP, select Rebuild & Install and find the .apk file that was created
10. Select Rebuild, then pick Re-sign with test signature
11. Install the .apk through LP

Doing this, I can mod a .json file inside the base.apk though only through PC and not my phone. Is there a simpler way to do it?
I don't understand most of this xD
All of my works I've done on my phone so I don't get these things, and no I'm not an expert, I just learn stuffs as I'm going.

You're trying to mod CoG? How about I just send you a video showing how to mod it on mobile? It's where I learned 😙

randombs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I don't understand most of this xD
All of my works I've done on my phone so I don't get these things, and no I'm not an expert, I just learn stuffs as I'm going.

You're trying to mod CoG? How about I just send you a video showing how to mod it on mobile? It's where I learned 😙
Would really appreciate that, most of the guides I saw uses PC rather than mobile.