Is August 2021 the time 3rd party app stores die?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,932 happy users since 2014.
Register

Grb89

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
I just came across this yesterday.
About Android App Bundles | Android Developers

Apparently as of August 2021 developers can only upload apps in .abb format. And from the Play Store is the only place people can get working .abb apps. If a developer wants their app to be available on any 3rd party app store they will have to make their app in .apk format. I don't see them jumping to get their apps on 3rd party stores so people can get them free.
Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like other app stores may be going away.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
Active User
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
only time shall tell

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
This is just an official announcement about the introduction of ".apks" formats which affect only newly released apps (app updates aren't required to be posted in .apks format), so I don't think it'll make any difference :)

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
Active User
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
This is just an official announcement about the introduction of ".apks" formats which affect only newly released apps (app updates aren't required to be posted in .apks format), so I don't think it'll make any difference :)
Yes i forgot to update, here are 2 images which should help you understand about this new format.

c9DIq.png

aab_format-2x.png

3rd party apps will still function and there shouldn't be much change for us as we can still install 3rd party APKs.