Moral Support

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,333,036 happy users since 2014.
Register

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
I am unsure of where to post this thread and so I apologize in advance. Since this is my first post I was unsure of what it would entail and so I thought I would approach it from a more personal angle in hopes that it will make your day (whoever you are and wherever you are). Maybe you have had a stressful day at work or maybe you feel like things are not going your way whatever the reason may be know that there are people like me who understand and do care. I believe the best way to deal with such things by conversing with one another and sharing your troubles. Feel free to get whatever it is off your chest here and I will try my utmost best to console in anyway I can and hopefully this thread will have others who are willing to do the same. Sorry again in advance if this sounds idiotic in a sense as it is my first post and I am still adapting to this forum.

D

Deleted member 56303

Very lovely post! I myself have been experiencing a lot of stress lately due to life transitions and financial troubles due to a recent incident, and honestly nearly lost my mind over it. Thankfully, I was able to ground myself in the present and distract myself. Sometimes you just have to deal with the things that life throws at you as they come, and live as much as you can in the present rather than worrying about what may be in the future. To those who are struggling, I hope you know that you aren't alone and that we can move past these troubles together :)

D sam

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 4 years
Ehh...we are getting to know each other, all in the rules I believe.

I suppose something that always comforted me was nothing was truly ever over after any failure no matter how bad, there is always something to do, maybe try again but with better knowledge or maybe try something different. It just takes courage and will to continue.

And one day, when you look back, you'll look in wonder and be amazed at how far you have come.

On that note, my god I have been here two years, I am old

Last edited:

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Thank you for those that have spent a minute of their times to share! I really appreciate it and it just makes me feel less alone in my troubles, you know? I didn’t think anyone would reply but I truly am grateful to be reading these struggles and knowing how you’ve overcome them and are still choosing to fight instead of giving up is truly beautiful. Life may be cruel but it can also be beautiful, only if you choose to keep moving forward will you find the beauty in all this suffering.

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
I feel it is only fair I now share my experience with you guys... These last few months have been the most difficult in all of my 18 years of playing this game called life as my Grandma passed away due to complications with COPD. This knocked me off my feet, she was so strong and never wanted anyone worrying about her, always looking out for others and never for a minute did she place her wellbeing over others. Her actions always inspired me and I always looked up to her as growing up without parents is hard enough and for her to raise me as her own meant a great deal to me... and for that to be taken away well there is no words to describe the pain I felt. Only a month after her passing I lost my brother to substance abuse and just when I thought I would get through my Grandmas loss I was knocked back down again, I felt completely alone in my suffering and I longed for that feeling to not feel at all and I tried to take the easy way out. Good thing that was another thing I failed at, couldn't even end my life I suppose that's one of my failures I truly am thankful for. Not everyone gets a second chance and with mine I sought out to help others struggling, who were going through what I did. I refuse to let anyone go through such pain alone like I had and in doing so I helped myself in the process. I found meaning in my suffering, I hope everyone here can find the courage to do the same because life is beautiful don't waste your only life in this cruel but beautiful game of life.

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Today I finally secured myself a stable job and before then never did I think I would do so as I was going through a rough time and was bouncing between various jobs and I am finally happy to settle down and so I leave you one of my favourite quotes by Samuel Beckett:

“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”

D

Deleted member 56303

Today I finally secured myself a stable job and before then never did I think I would do so as I was going through a rough time and was bouncing between various jobs and I am finally happy to settle down and so I leave you one of my favourite quotes by Samuel Beckett:

“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”
Congrats! That's great to hear! Sometimes life can be more than a little rough, so honestly, any sort of stability can feel absolutely fantastic! Or at least, that's how I feel. I wish you the best in achieving your hopes and goals, and if you don't technically have any, that's not necessarily a bad thing either! Life is short, but not so short that we must rush through everything. Sometimes, I personally feel like I get so caught up in chasing my own career goals that I forget to live the life that I have. After everything that you've experienced, I hope you'll be able to gain a bit of peace and happiness.

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Thank you for the support and the beautiful piece of advice. I take that to heart as I was so focused on the future I failed to see the present, always looking ahead instead of looking within, so thank you again!

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Also welcome to the Sbenny family! I am new here myself, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Also, I have been watching five daily ads to get my points since I am too skint to invest in buying some, which I really wish to do so in the future. :giggle:

PipaWhales

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
i got a scholarship and choose a program but im really scared if i would be able to graduate with this degree because if i fail one course it's possible that i'll lose the scholarship other than that job oppurtunities in my country along with my chosen degree is pretty mediocre but competitive bc of oversaturation however i am confident that i have enough resolve to get what i wantm at least a fun job and decent pay... is my goal or might take masters to widen my horizons/oppurtunities.... i really fear for myself but!!!! i know fear is normal to feel but if u or anyone— let it consume your soul you'll never grow!!!!!!!!! so i'll toughen myself up 🤩 and enjoy my life..... with games here like otome & bl visual novels.. yeah thats my rant or something. 😂

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
i got a scholarship and choose a program but im really scared if i would be able to graduate with this degree because if i fail one course it's possible that i'll lose the scholarship other than that job oppurtunities in my country along with my chosen degree is pretty mediocre but competitive bc of oversaturation however i am confident that i have enough resolve to get what i wantm at least a fun job and decent pay... is my goal or might take masters to widen my horizons/oppurtunities.... i really fear for myself but!!!! i know fear is normal to feel but if u or anyone— let it consume your soul you'll never grow!!!!!!!!! so i'll toughen myself up 🤩 and enjoy my life..... with games here like otome & bl visual novels.. yeah thats my rant or something. 😂
First of all, let me start by offering my apologies in advance for any grammar mistakes since I am on my phone. Moving on, I am happy to see you acknowledging your fear but also not allowing that trepidation to cripple you. You acknowledge that it is normal and that is why you shouldn't let it control you. A little fear is okay; it drives us, but never let it consume you, and that is the double-edged sword of fear. There are two doors in front of you one is where you get your degree and get a fun yet well-paid job, and the other is where you fail because you lack the resolve due to resounding fear. You're holding the key. All you need to do is choose and walk through. Keep moving forward towards your dreams and don't hesitate, don't doubt, and most of all, make yourself and your family proud.

Last edited:

PipaWhales

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
thank you for these kind words 😭 your english is impeccable i completely understand everything. <3 thank you again i really appreciate this! 😊

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
thank you for these kind words 😭 your english is impeccable i completely understand everything. <3 thank you again i really appreciate this! 😊
You are most welcome, sir. I am in a similar precarious situation. I may be at college right now doing my A levels and a Level 3 degree, but I am now in my last year before I must go to university, and so I concur with your fear, but I also don't let it control me. I control it and I use it to drive me forward. Always keep moving forward. That is all we can do in this life up until we can't move any more. Only then may we rest in peace.