SHOCKWAVE FILES

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,336,103 happy users since 2014.
Register

AnonymousError

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
So I'm learning how to mod through this site and it is extremely hard to learn. I just had a question regarding SWF FILES. Are SWF FILES hackable?

How can I tell if a game is not hackable going through its all contents. Let's take bit heroes for example. I'm trying to hack bit heroes since there isn't a single mod out there.

I opened up it's contents and I found that there are no assembly FILES so I can't use that method. I found a bunch of SWF FILES and some arm LIB FILES. I absolutely have no idea how to mod LIB FILES and I am unsure if SWF FILES are hackable and if they are I am unsure which ones.

If possible can I get some tips from anyone who knows a pro with kidding as I am so dedicated to learn but I truly need help. I have been to many forums but somebody wants to help a dedicated individual like me to learn. I been searching to learn how to mod for 4 months now and haunt even got the basics down but I will not give up that's a PROMISE!

SusieQ

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 7 years
## moving to modding lounge

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff Member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

SusieQ

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 7 years
Its okay. Just take note n look through diff forums and use search bar for keywords b4 you post in future. We all were new once too
<3

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
I myself tried to work with SWF in the past, but have yet to even start that area.

When you look into an apk file, you will want to look for different things that are on your modding level. Mine, for example is mostly anything Unity (so it will have "assets" folder, then Bin, or Data, and all the down to "Managed" and a bunch of .dll files (can't remember off the top of my head at this second because I am at work). Those files will have "C-Sharp.dll" in there, though not exactly written like that.

With Unity, you want to use .Net Reflector

SBenny took the time once to "team view" with me and show me how a unity mod worked. Maybe you can talk to him about it, see if he has time to go through one unity mod with you.

I may be able to take the time one weekend to make a video, but time is stupidly not on my side until after the new year.

For others, you can sometimes see in the "Assets" folder, there are png's, some csv files, and lua files, json files, and others. Many times, you can use a text editor or visual stuido code (its free) to open them and see what can be modded.

Sometimes, you can do what I do, and just wing it.. open all kinds of stuff, experiment, and teach yourself.
I do that when I can't figure anything out and I have a copy of the apk anyway, so if I break it, who cares.

AnonymousError

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=82948#p82948:2fftadlt]johnhern » 5 minutes ago[/url] said:
@AnonymousError

I myself tried to work with SWF in the past, but have yet to even start that area.

When you look into an apk file, you will want to look for different things that are on your modding level. Mine, for example is mostly anything Unity (so it will have "assets" folder, then Bin, or Data, and all the down to "Managed" and a bunch of .dll files (can't remember off the top of my head at this second because I am at work). Those files will have "C-Sharp.dll" in there, though not exactly written like that.

SBenny took the time once to "team view" with me and show me how a unity mod worked. Maybe you can talk to him about it, see if he has time to go through one unity mod with you.

I may be able to take the time one weekend to make a video, but time is stupidly not on my side until after the new year.

For others, you can sometimes see in the "Assets" folder, there are png's, some csv files, and lua files, json files, and others. Many times, you can use a text editor or visual stuido code (its free) to open them and see what can be modded.

Sometimes, you can do what I do, and just wing it.. open all kinds of stuff, experiment, and teach yourself.
I do that when I can't figure anything out and I have a copy of the apk anyway, so if I break it, who cares.
This was extremely helpful I am grateful for your reply. Now a video tut with you speaking or anyone in particular will help me greatly as I am a visual learner. As for opening the app and looking through it, I been doing that but I'm just completely and utterly confused.

I need help from a teacher. Unfortunately I feel like when my wouldn't help me because I'm just a normal guy. Maybe that's just my low confidence speaking I don't know. I have to learn this I need to learn as I have never been into much of anything in my life. This is my passion this is what I want. So thank you everyone for taking the time to help.

Now I'm looking through bit heroes as it's my favorite game but I think it's unhackable I don't know. When you have the chance can you just look through it and give me advice as to what file i should be looking at. The only FILES I see that may be hackable are the SWF FILES and LIB FILES but LIB FILES are to complex for me right now.

Il continue to try and learn Maybe even on an easier offline game instead first. I think my issue is starting off with harder games to hack because I'm stubborn lol

AnonymousError

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=82948#p82948:ig1izpz2]johnhern » 14 minutes ago[/url] said:
@AnonymousError

As for my nodding level I don't even understand the basics and I don't know where I should start. Assembly FILES, LIB FILES or SWF. No matter where I start I look at all this code that I have no idea what it means especially in assembly. Like the values that show for example idc i8 like what does that even mean? Should I learn c# with assembly before modding?

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Hahaha, if it has lib files or swf, unfortunately, I couldn't tell you much if I saw them. I apologize on that end, not too experienced with those yet.. .or .so files in any way.

But, try this... get the game called "robbery bob 2".

I am going to mod that next... but open it with apk tool, and then look in the assets > common folders.. In there you should see "cost.csv" or something similar.
Open that, even in notepad if you do not have excel, and you will see the "headers" on top, that say what each thing is.. e.g.

Id, item name, gold cost, yada yada, yada yada

and then below that you have the items... e.g.

34, super power, 500, some junk, some more junk

So the id is 34,
the name is super power,
the gold cost is 500,
and so on.

Before you try modding, play the original game... Then try modding that file... then pack it up, sign it, and install it so you can play the modded version.

If it works, super fantastic.. if not... no biggie.. go back to it.. and then see what you can change that will work.

If this doesn't work for you... no biggie... get the one I just modded... it is Robbery Bob 1 (without the 1 in google play)... and it will have an easier CSV to mod there.

Let me know how it goes..

Regarding C# I understand, I go through that every time.. I still have no clue.. I just test everything and go with it. But... that said.. have a long look at the part in Sbenny's tutorial for .net reflector.. it sucks to read anything if you are a visual learner.. but, he does explain what those are..

One of the things you are going to need is patience... simply put, patience is the key here

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Here is one more piece of advice, never get frustrated..
Seriously.. if something is bothering you at the moment or you can't get something... at that moment, just drop it and come back later..

Frustration is like the "blocker" of all learning/implementing/writing/any dang thing.

Writers have minor writers block all the time, its their frustration, they have to put that crap down and come back later.
Programmers get frustrated about something, the have to put it down, and come back and look at it later.
Tv repair people, any kind of worker in the world... frustration is like the friggin by product of "stuck on ice" with a bit of anger tossed in.

The best thing to do is focus on one thing, and if it doesn't work, step away, learn the words "forget about it", and then come back later with a fresh view... maybe look at it from a larger view, or look at other things that have nothing to do with what you were working with before... That way, an idea might pop up, and with more experience they do that all the time.

AnonymousError

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=82961#p82961:10rgogln]johnhern » 12 minutes ago[/url] said:
Hahaha, if it has lib files or swf, unfortunately, I couldn't tell you much if I saw them. I apologize on that end, not too experienced with those yet.. .or .so files in any way.

But, try this... get the game called "robbery bob 2".

I am going to mod that next... but open it with apk tool, and then look in the assets > common folders.. In there you should see "cost.csv" or something similar.
Open that, even in notepad if you do not have excel, and you will see the "headers" on top, that say what each thing is.. e.g.

Id, item name, gold cost, yada yada, yada yada

and then below that you have the items... e.g.

34, super power, 500, some junk, some more junk

So the id is 34,
the name is super power,
the gold cost is 500,
and so on.

Before you try modding, play the original game... Then try modding that file... then pack it up, sign it, and install it so you can play the modded version.

If it works, super fantastic.. if not... no biggie.. go back to it.. and then see what you can change that will work.

If this doesn't work for you... no biggie... get the one I just modded... it is Robbery Bob 1 (without the 1 in google play)... and it will have an easier CSV to mod there.

Let me know how it goes..

Regarding C# I understand, I go through that every time.. I still have no clue.. I just test everything and go with it. But... that said.. have a long look at the part in Sbenny's tutorial for .net reflector.. it sucks to read anything if you are a visual learner.. but, he does explain what those are..

One of the things you are going to need is patience... simply put, patience is the key here
I downloaded robbery Bob 2 there is no common. Folder in assets. Only drawable/files/universal folders are there and some pngs?

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
The version I have has Assets, then Common, then scroll down to see the csv.. But I am using Apk editor for Android to look in it.
It should have the normal Res, Assets, Fabric, jsr305_annotations, lib, build-data.properties in the first page it unpacks to.

Then in Assets, there are many folders like Audio, common, DDS, drawable, files, jpg, localization, png, universal, fonts.csv, packinfo, paths_android.csv, and a few textures ones.

AnonymousError

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years