💬 Review Starlost

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,851 happy users since 2014.
Register

leekyboi1

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Starlost

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): Starlost - Space Shooter - Apps on Google Play

Starlost is a top-down bullet hell shooter created by Hoodwinked Studios. The game also combine different elements of RPG and tower defense genre into its gameplay.

Review:
You play as a captain of a mining vessel deployed out of a space mining station in Starlost. You begin with a very basic and common mining spaceship with no module upgrades, no communication array, all alone in asteroid fields. Your mission is to mine the asteroid scattered throughout the map in any given sector. Once your cargo load are full you must return to your space station to deposit the ore you just mine. These ore are then convert to a type of currency that allow you to buy upgrades for your own mining vessel and the space station itself. You should keep in mind that the longer you remain in a sector, the more noticeable you will be, thus attracting more enemies ship that gradually become stronger. The graphics are incredible for a mobile game, and the explosion look somewhat realistic, the design of the UI is also easily readable. The sound effect blend together with the visuals perfectly, creating a sense of immersion in your gameplay. The control itself are pretty simple and solid. To move your spaceship, you just need to point and hold anywhere on your screen, and your ship will follow. Both your ship and the station weapons are automatic and will fire at any enemies in proximity. Upgrades for your ship come as often as you mine, and there are several weapon types to choose from. There are also research tier that will unlock stronger module for your ship, which will be very helpful on your adventure. The gameplay are pretty engaging, but players shouldn't play for too long or else they will find the game to be a bit repititive and boring. In conclusion, this is a really fun and engaging single player experience for a free game.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, if you are interested in sci-fi title and are looking for something different.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐