Suggestion regarding to app updates

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,759 happy users since 2014.
Register

Should this be added?

• Total voters

Meepo

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Active User
Member for 7 years
Why not leave it unlocked even when the game has been updated to prevent from rebuying the game over and over, with the price on it each time it updates can be stressing for some people, but it is fair to put it on each updates and more.

Honestly would be a game changer update on that. Rather than having to repeatly dump more SB points on each update on an app. In my option could use a change.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
i totally agree that this would be a game changer! my only worry would be that it may minimize the hard work that the modders put in with each update. maybe there's a middle ground? like if we're loyal to a certain app, maybe we'll get the 3rd or 4th update for free or something?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
The main issue is that, unlike developing a mobile game, where updating it just means making minor changes, a mod has to be completely redone every time a new update is made, meaning the same hard work made for the first mod also occurs on every future update of it, that's why we charge every single update, and not only the first release.

This said, I'd not be against offering a discount for each additional unlock for the same game, every time there's an update, but unfortunately this is very hard (if not impossible) to implement. That's why I introduced many discount systems over time, which allow to save up to 50% from the original price, on every single release of this community.

I hope this clears any doubts. If not, please feel free to let me know, thanks :)

Meepo

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Active User
Member for 7 years
The main issue is that, unlike developing a mobile game, where updating it just means making minor changes, a mod has to be completely redone every time a new update is made, meaning the same hard work made for the first mod also occurs on every future update of it, that's why we charge every single update, and not only the first release.

This said, I'd not be against offering a discount for each additional unlock for the same game, every time there's an update, but unfortunately this is very hard (if not impossible) to implement. That's why I introduced many discount systems over time, which allow to save up to 50% from the original price, on every single release of this community.

I hope this clears any doubts. If not, please feel free to let me know, thanks :)
I totally get that Sbenny, and the updates each time and the modding team put the hard work on it. But that would be best to implement that but take your time really. The apps I usually like comes cheap but others are more expensive at most to be honest. Then again thanks for answering