Weekly Poll: Do you use a screen protector and case?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,411 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff Member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
A couple of years ago we asked you if you still use a screen protector and case – back then most users had a glass protector and a silicone case protecting their phone. Has changed? Let’s find out.

An IP rating is quite common nowadays, especially in the high-end segment and also in the mid-range segment. Additionally, Corning continues to release increasingly durable Gorilla Glass versions. In theory, your phone is tough enough to become a commando.

However, there’s a chance that something might break: replacing the screen on a Galaxy S23 Ultra costs $320, for an iPhone 14 Pro Max the bill will be $380. Of course, both Samsung and Apple (and others) offer insurance plans For example, Samsung Care+ and AppleCare+ subscribers can replace the same displays for just $30. But these come with a monthly cost.

There are other reasons to put your phone in a case, too: for looks, for the extra grip, for the kickstand, for somewhere to stash a couple of credit cards, etc.

As far as screen protectors go, there’s only one reason to get one: protection.

The post continues on our Blog: Weekly Poll: Do you use a screen protector and case?

Kenobin

SB Cartel Max Level
✌️ Community Team
From the Hell
☠️ Pirate
Special Guest
🎮 Testing Team
Verified 18+ user
⭐ Unlimited Access ⭐
Member for 1 year
Very interesting

Tunak23

Savage Lv6️⃣
Active User
Member for 5 years
Gotta say yes for the screen protector but never really used the case thing, I love to travel light and that honestly just bothers you.

Just be a little mindful of your phone and that should be protection enough, never broke a screen before so yay for me!

sage678

Novice Lv1️⃣
Over all the years of having a phone. I've always had a case. Maybe not the really old ones from the early 2000s but they were more sturdy back then.

I noticed that my cases evolved for every iteration of phone. I used to use the self charging cases, now its a wallet case.

tescan

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Since using a samsung i use a wallet case. First with the j16, now with the A13. With the desire s i used just one which covered only the back. And with older types i didn't used one.

asgarnombrer

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
I always use my phone protector but the phone keeps broken any way

Warhawk3002

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
I use both but mostly a light case coz my phone is already a bit heavy 😅
(My phone still gets broken ) 😂😂

depank

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I use both but just recently for my new phone, my old phone was naked from the day i bought it 3 years ago.

nickolele

Lurker Lv0️⃣
yep both! Maybe it's just how i was raised but my mom won't let any of us have a naked phone. She said that mobile phone repairs are quite expensive which is true! my phone is covered with a cheap silicone but it did the job pretty well! (i dropped it a few times clumsily but thankfully no scratches lol)