Weirdest Job

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,264 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
What is the weirdest job or jobs you have ever had?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
THIS ONE LOL

It was meant to be a joke, but now that I think about it, it's so hard to explain people in my city what my job is, which means it has to be very weird for them, so I guess I'll turn this joke into my true answer :)

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
THIS ONE LOL

It was meant to be a joke, but now that I think about it, it's so hard to explain people in my city what my job is, which means it has to be very weird for them, so I guess I'll turn this joke into my true answer :)

Haha, well don't make the same mistake I did. Once I described writing for my blog and having my old Youtube channel as creating online content for users all over the world. I didn't realize how bad that sounded and people immediately thought the worst, lol.

My weirdest good job was working for the Renaissance Faire, you can't work in the same place as a guy walking around selling pickles on a stick and not think it's a little odd.

My weirdest bad job was definitely working for a company that lied about what I would need to do. When I got there instead of running their business operations, they tried to have me create online listings where we would be misrepresenting the products. I quit on the spot lol.

carpalfunnelcake

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
It's not weird like unusual, but weird if you knew me I guess aha
I'm a really shy, quiet person, yet I somehow ended up bartending 😂
My first night was Halloween and a fight broke out. The smaller guy fighting ran behind the counter and hid behind me when the bigger guy grabbed a chair!
And for some reason I continued working there for half a year lol

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
It's not weird like unusual, but weird if you knew me I guess aha
I'm a really shy, quiet person, yet I somehow ended up bartending 😂
My first night was Halloween and a fight broke out. The smaller guy fighting ran behind the counter and hid behind me when the bigger guy grabbed a chair!
And for some reason I continued working there for half a year lol
I'm sure you have tons of other great stories though. As a fellow introvert (in person, it's much easier to be outgoing online), I've found that some of those awkward times that were a bit out of my element have become some of the best. Aside from the fight on your first day, did you like it?

carpalfunnelcake

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Socializing online is easier for me too aha 😄
I didn't really like the job itself because HOLY CRAP old men are perverts lmao I remember this one guy always tried to tickle my hand when paying for his drink 😩
But I do miss the job 😗 Maybe because it forced me to go out and be around other people lol It was fun meeting people and hearing their stories though 😄

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I didn't really like the job itself because HOLY CRAP old men are perverts lmao I remember this one guy always tried to tickle my hand when paying for his drink 😩
But I do miss the job 😗 Maybe because it forced me to go out and be around other people lol It was fun meeting people and hearing their stories though 😄
I agreen with the listein to stories part. Working customer service I always had TONS of people get frustrated and tell me some pretty crazy stories, especially when it came to them explaining why they were trying to return wayyy outside of the return policy lol.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
I so totally agree about the stories and the perverts ..My first job I worked at a liquor store and in the evenings at a bar .. There was a seemingly nice man that was a retired police captain that would frequent the store and I later found out he was scouting me as a prospective daughter in law for his son who did a bit of fashion modelling ... He would visit every week and get me gifts and be around during my breaks with take away food .. I was weirded out by his motive cause really I was too young..
After that job I took an inbetweener at a clothing retail store and there would come a much older black man and he was from a distance away yet he'd be at the shop when ever he could and be shopping for clothing for his wife and he'd want me to choose the clothing saying he liked my taste , the funniest thing about all of it was that he would try the clothing on himself 😅😅😅 a big dude in a flowery dress and black socks with formal shoes wasn't very becoming but still I held back my laughter and just wore a sweet smile 😋 ... After a month of this man buying clothing to big values he waltzed into the store with a really big lady around his age and introduced her as his wife ...

Then he dropped a bomb on me 🤐 he said he brought his wife along to check me out because he wants her to approve of his choice .. I was still obviously lost as to what he was getting at .. Then he says to me he wants to make me his second wife 😝and I went totally silent .. I dont know what went through his mind but so he drew me aside and says to me he is very rich and I'd have my very own house anything of my choosing and which ever car I want and I'd get money for everything I wanted .. *** then he whispers to me , dont worry I'll be spending all my time with you , I know women dont like to share ****

To say I was stunned wouldnt cut it , I just turned on my heel and walked out of the store with the manager following me , I was real sorry to have even told the manager what happend cause he burst out laughing like a total hyena

Last edited:

carpalfunnelcake

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I agreen with the listein to stories part. Working customer service I always had TONS of people get frustrated and tell me some pretty crazy stories, especially when it came to them explaining why they were trying to return wayyy outside of the return policy lol.
Some people will do anything for an extra buck aha What was the most unbelievable story?
Post automatically merged:

he says to me he wants to make me his second wife 😝and I went totally silent .. I dont know what went through his mind but so he drew me aside and says to me he is very rich and I'd have my very own house anything of my choosing and which ever car I want and I'd get money for everything I wanted .. *** then he whispers to me , dont worry I'll be spending all my time with you , I know women dont like to share ****
I would be so tempted 😂 I wanna be pampered, dammit! Did he keep coming by after you turned him down? 😮

Last edited:

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
Some people will do anything for an extra buck aha What was the most unbelievable story?

I would be so tempted 😂 I wanna be pampered, dammit! Did he keep coming by after you turned him down? 😮
Lol I left that job then coz I had a crazy ex also haunting me at that job .. lmao we all wana be pampered but Noo way that man was already married and like 35+ years my senior and a really big person .. Im small in built and short 😂

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years

One said that she was having an affair with her husband's brother and now he's in the hospital after a bad car accident where her husband was driving and she's not sure if he found out. So she's petrified of going back to their house which is where her TV was. She decided she no longer needed it, but couldn't return it because her husband was there waiting 24/7.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
One said that she was having an affair with her husband's brother and now he's in the hospital after a bad car accident where her husband was driving and she's not sure if he found out. So she's petrified of going back to their house which is where her TV was. She decided she no longer needed it, but couldn't return it because her husband was there waiting 24/7.
Lol 😂 thats a bit of a pickle she'd gotten herself into

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Lol I left that job then coz I had a crazy ex also haunting me at that job .. lmao we all wana be pampered but Noo way that man was already married and like 35+ years my senior and a really big person .. Im small in built and short 😂
I had something like that happen once. The guy looked like Colin O'Donoghue, accent and all. he asked me out, I said no thanks, I am in a very happy relationship. Then he slipped me his number and said "I can share" and left. I was stunned and my best friend (who I also worked with at the time) grabbed his number off the counter. They ended up dating for a bit which was really awkward lol.

Lol 😂 thats a bit of a pickle she'd gotten herself into
Oh I know right? Another one claimed that she had cancer and she couldn't come in to return her mobile phone within the 14 days because she had Chemo, and her 16 year old kid called her a liar in front of everyone.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
I had something like that happen once. The guy looked like Colin O'Donoghue, accent and all. he asked me out, I said no thanks, I am in a very happy relationship. Then he slipped me his number and said "I can share" and left. I was stunned and my best friend (who I also worked with at the time) grabbed his number off the counter. They ended up dating for a bit which was really awkward lol.

Oh I know right? Another one claimed that she had cancer and she couldn't come in to return her mobile phone within the 14 days because she had Chemo, and her 16 year old kid called her a liar in front of everyone.
Colin O'Donoghue is not bad looking .. The married one after me was Like Cedric the entertainer 😭 scared the crap outta me .. Grr its very weird having a friend date somebody that asked you out , same happend to me 😄 while I was giving thought to wether I should say yes or no , a day later my friend annonced she already went out with him and did the nasty too ( found out later she would do plenty just to get in my face and she wasn't my friend Like I thought )

Gosh !! That I can imagine the amount of egg on her face after coming out with such a weepy story and a kid calling her a liar owch!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Colin O'Donoghue is not bad looking .. The married one after me was Like Cedric the entertainer 😭 scared the crap outta me .. Grr its very weird having a friend date somebody that asked you out , same happend to me 😄 while I was giving thought to wether I should say yes or no , a day later my friend annonced she already went out with him and did the nasty too ( found out later she would do plenty just to get in my face and she wasn't my friend Like I thought )

Gosh !! That I can imagine the amount of egg on her face after coming out with such a weepy story and a kid calling her a liar owch!
Moments like that are the best though, where someone gets instant Karma...

I've witnessed so many ridiculous things like that working retail. It's a shame some people will literally try anything to get what they want.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
I just recalled another job I had .. it was a really short stint and i forgot all about it .. The job was for somebody with secretial/ admin abilities and knowledge of Aluminium work ( Door and windows mostly)

The owner of this place used to be a high school teacher I knew so I applied and got it .. Little did I know that he employed me because he had other things in mind , my Resume had certificates for aromatherapy and massage in it .. 2 days after I started there He asked me if I had any oils he could use for sore muscles in his back so I said yeah and brought them the following day .. He phoned me to ask if I'd brought it and showed up at the office then started getting weird on me :eek: he started stripping off right there and I dont mean just his shirt .. He was in his birthday suit and just commanded bring your oils and hands here lets see if you earned those certs.. I just looked at him with disgust , grabbed my bag and walked out .

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
OMG What a creep.

I had another job where we got shut down by the police because our boss / the owner of the company was laundering money.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
OMG What a creep.

I had another job where we got shut down by the police because our boss / the owner of the company was laundering money.
yikes that was a bad way to lose a job because of his unscrupulous ways

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I know right? Some people...

I'm starting to realize how many jobs I've had. I usually work between 1-3 jobs at a time so there have been many smaller / temp jobs too.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
I know right? Some people...

I'm starting to realize how many jobs I've had. I usually work between 1-3 jobs at a time so there have been many smaller / temp jobs too.
;) I used to be pretty much the same always having 1 full time job and another part time or evenings and some on weekends