Removing the STEAL feature from the SB Cash Shop

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,232 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

jihyonh

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Please don't get confused. We're talking about the SB Points Steal feature which lets users attempt to steal SB Points from other users. If they fail, they lose SB Points, if they succeed, they steal a percentage of SB Points from that user.
What I was trying to say is that both are act of thievery ending up with an uncomfortable somebody.
I was unlucky enough to experience it few times outside the community so I apologize if my words look a bit thorny.
I just don't want people to experience it from real person.

Azure11

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Sincerely, I prefer the steal feature should be removed. It didn't even crossed my mind to steal other's sbcash but some people could think otherwise 😶. I rather earn my own sbcash by earning rewards from my daily login rather than steal from others. It's so unfair for all those people who earn them patiently only to find out that they have been taken away 😫

Olin

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
It's a bad idea. this is the first time I've ever heard of something that makes it possible to steal from members on any forum. And for good a reason. The reality of a feature like that would mean the slow death of a good forum.

silverfox05

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
I think that it should be removed, too. I never used it, but with little bucks I have, I feared that others might take advantage of my low stat and would farm me to bankruptcy. I wanted to buy whatever was needed for protection, but, alas, I don't have enough.

And I agree with others about feeling guilty with stealing from others. That's why I try and participate as much as I can because, besides logging in, that's the only way I can earn enough bucks for what I need here..

I like the suggestion of replacing it with a minigame with the chance to win SBcash. Refunding half of what they paid for the Steal Item, too, when it gets removed, sounds like a good idea.

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
I agree with @anonymous058, the steal function always seemed to fit well within the stereotypical archetype of a community and forum of hackers. Additionally, I had always viewed the steal function as a harmless way to sort of poke fun at someone, the way a practical joke is played on a good friend, just for laughs. Yet, with the recent additions to how SBcash can be used, which adds real-world monetary value that it lacked before, I cannot help but side with those opposed to the notion, and how it is similar to the leeching of content that this site is so good at combating.

I still think it's got a place here, like another member said, "this feature belongs to this site". I've never used it, personally, but I've always known it was there. It's removal would be taking some of the uniqueness away from this place, without replacing it with something similar to it. I propose that the ability to steal cash from other members be changed to robbing the bank, and only the bank. This could be the minigame that has been suggested, perhaps. It would not be taking from any member, since the bank won't be needed to protect our SB Points, anymore. It would just be robbing the house, and the house can decide how much is in the bank, at any given time (that allows the Admin to regulate the flow of cash out through this way, by making the bank have far less when people are stealing too much). And I would love to see what kind of challenges would be in place, to guard the vaults of this new bank!

versora

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I don't like the ability to steal from others. And I hate when people steal from me, even if it's 'for fun'. I also hate the fact that someone could come in and steal what amount of SBCash I bought with real money. It's like stealing real money, even though it's virtual currency.

Aspence

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'm for remove the steal option😨, i prefer gain 25 cash at day, instead of steal at good people and potential friends in here. 😅

Daeneria

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
To make a balance between people who like this feature and people who don't like, I suggest that only those who want to steal can be stolen as well, in the middle, whoever wants to use this feature would have to be willing to take the risk too
I agree with this. Stealing was already a gamble. Spend a little for a chance to get a lot, or nothing. Those that want the ability to steal from others must also accept the risk of being stolen from. Those that don't want to take that risk, especially with the new unlock feature in the works, shouldn't have to.

@Tomahawk2312 I really appreciate your opening a thread about this matter i have never once use this feature even when i collected enough SB Points because stealing people who are farming SB Points just doesn't sit right with me so in my opinion i think this feature should be removed in its place i think a mini game feature can be addded instead in which when you win you are awarded some SB Points (quiz,etc)
And I agree with this, and it actually gave me an idea. Multiple little mini games. The first thing that popped into my head is the mini cactpot on Final Fantasy XIV, but there's so many options for fun little ways to earn SBCash little by little, with daily play limits and what not.

I realize this could be a lot of work and coding, but I think it could be a fair compromise, and am prepared to help in any way I can.

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
I'll never try to compensate the money loss with more ads, I didn't introduce SB Points for this reason, but, instead, to involve people into being more active and farm SB Points :) so I don't mind removing these features if I find our my community would be happier for this change.
Thank you, that is very reassuring.

BOOGADYBOO

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
REMOVE IT..... I have always felt the steal feature shouldn’t be here, why would anyone want to steal? log in daily, like things, vote, etc do the things the rest of us do to get SB Points honestly.

HostedGamesFanatic

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
From what I think, is that o don't condone or support stealing at all, and the STEAL feature wastes your money, and only having the chance to steal the sbcash from 5-10% is not fair, and you can increase the chance by spending sbcash. Just to make it clear, I do NOT want a refund.
I bought it out of curiosity. And I certainly not regret making that decision, it was completely my fault.

I think you should remove the STEAL feature to prevent new members from spending their sbcash.

With all due respect,
John

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff Member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
First of all, thank you everyone for taking part into this discussion. I truly appreciate the love and the passion you put into this community and I'm so proud of each of you!

I think we had enough feedbacks about this STEAL FEATURE, so I'm proud to announce:

THE STEAL FEATURES HAS BEEN REMOVED

Also, who previously purchased the STEAL item has been compensated with 400-1000 SB Points, depending on which item they purchased.

We'll work on providing alternative features and adding new possibilities for users to farm money.

Today, for example, two new ways of earning SB Points will be introduced, so stay tuned and thanks again for being part of the most wonderful community ever seen!

#Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.