What's your opinion on : Gender Equality and Feminism?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,385 happy users since 2014.
Register

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
No one said you had to! But it's important to recognize what one WANTS to do versus what you are TOLD to do. Big difference!

Sadly, bullying is one the biggests curses in the world. Often the result of thoughts and ideas brought from our backgrounds as people and children. Regretfully, the only solution is good leadership, as opposed to beating the s**t out of everyone (since that is another form of bullying too). There's no justice or fairness to be delivered by our own physical strenghts...then again, justice and fairness is not always what we need ^_^

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
No one said you had to! But it's important to recognize what one WANTS to do versus what you are TOLD to do. Big difference!

Sadly, bullying is one the biggests curses in the world. Often the result of thoughts and ideas brought from our backgrounds as people and children. Regretfully, the only solution is good leadership, as opposed to beating the s**t out of everyone (since that is another form of bullying too). There's no justice or fairness to be delivered by our own physical strenghts...then again, justice and fairness is not always what we need ^_^
Well said my Caffeine loving friend, well said 👏
Fairness.... Justice, Good leadership, what an endangered speciment they're. The world we are live are never fair to begin with anyway.
And yes violence are like rabbits, they will only bred over and over again if not controlled.

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
....What kind of rabbits we are talking about again?
Anyway. Back to the topic! There is not enough coffee in my place to make me pull all nighter you know?
So, what did you think should be a solution on both subject?
You really don't wanna know 😂
It's more like a state of mind in my case, like the nirvana. I can feel the coffee, drink the coffee, BE THE COFFEE !!

In one word, "Nietzsche". The complete eradication of moral values imposed by outside forces such as religion and prejudice, instead becoming the image of our own social norms and becoming countries of one: as opposed to bending the knee to what someone else thinks you should be, someone else should focus on their own butt. 😄
EDIT: by "countries of one" i mean having our own ideals and moral compass instead of forcing ourselves to be part of a culture that maybe operates against your identity and values. I do not mean that there shouldn't be laws! i mean that laws should be objective and not influenced by a subjective thought.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
You really don't wanna know 😂
It's more like a state of mind in my case, like the nirvana. I can feel the coffee, drink the coffee, BE THE COFFEE !!

In one word, "Nietzsche". The complete eradication of moral values imposed by outside forces such as religion and prejudice, instead becoming the image of our own social norms and becoming countries of one: as opposed to bending the knee to what someone else thinks you should be, someone else should focus on their own butt. 😄
I'm really concerned about wether or not these thing can induce euphoria now......meh, i drink it anyway *sip*
So basically.... purging all kinds of differences that we have and be... ourselves?

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
I'm really concerned about wether or not these thing can induce euphoria now......meh, i drink it anyway *sip*
So basically.... purging all kinds of differences that we have and be... ourselves?
Ourselves, yes but but not by purging all kinds of differences but embracing them as something completely natural. Why wouldn't I be different from you? It only makes sense ^_^

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Ourselves, yes but but not by purging all kinds of differences but embracing them as something completely natural. Why wouldn't I be different from you? It only makes sense ^_^
Tolerance for each other. Accept that all humans are different and be fine with it. Sounds like a really simple solution yet.... sounds so far. I mean, here people's still argued over gender. The most basic classification in human! Are you a boy or a girl, and yet people still fight over it....

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Tolerance for each other. Accept that all humans are different and be fine with it. Sounds like a really simple solution yet.... sounds so far. I mean, here people's still argued over gender. The most basic classification in human! Are you a boy or a girl, and yet people still fight over it....
Well it depends, doesn't it? Our biological nature has nothing to do with perception, me thinks. I can see something and attempt to classify it as what i see and be completely wrong. For example: i see something that i think it's heavy and it's actually light just like you can see a sunny warm day and think it's wonderful while i think it's terrible for that very same reason. This takes us back to our previous conversation about purpose...what i want and what someone thinks i SHOULD want are two separate things.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Well it depends, doesn't it? Our biological nature has nothing to do with perception, me thinks. I can see something and attempt to classify it as what i see and be completely wrong. For example: i see something that i think it's heavy and it's actually light just like you can see a sunny warm day and think it's wonderful while i think it's terrible for that very same reason. This takes us back to our previous conversation about purpose...what i want and what someone thinks i SHOULD want are two things.
So it's all depends on each person, their perspective of the world. And we all shouldn't generalizing something or be restricted by other peoples expectations on us. And we are have our own choices.....damn I'm definitely gonna score a A+ on that class.

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
So it's all depends on each person, their perspective of the world. And we all shouldn't generalizing something or be restricted by other peoples expectations on us. And we are have our own choices.....damn I'm definitely gonna score a A+ on that class.
Depending on your professor, you can have the lowest score. Not all of them like the idea of forming minds and individual thought.
For more information: Pink Floyd xD

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Depending on your professor, you can have the lowest score. Not all of them like the idea of forming minds and individual thought.
For more information: Pink Floyd 😂
She's cool, i guess, still pretty young too (25-ish, maybe). I mean you didn't teach the shifts of sociology in school without an open mind.

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Some can and some will. For instance, in ARG the topic of abortions is a hot one in both legal and social areas but it's hardly the only topic worth discusing.
However, a friend of mine (female, 40'ish) is doing -what i think in english is called- night school and the professor there in charge of the class was not interested in any theme outside of abortions (she was a supporter) to the point of increasing the qualification of presentations adressing that concern and diminishing it in all other cases. Hardly an open mind, in this case....

But it is what it is! ^_^

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
For my answer, I just want to start off by saying that this is a hard thing to explain in a single post. Both Gender Equality and Feminism can be really good and really bad given the extremity and the situation.

Gender equality is very important because everyone should have the opportunity and the potential to have the same rights. Gender shouldn't be a reason to discriminate against anyone. Gender shouldn't be a cause for a change in pay or how people get treated in certain situations. However, there's a difference between fighting for equality and looking to punish those who have previously gotten some sort of advantage. This is what a lot of the extremists who fixate on their version of "equality" happen to spend more time on making sure that the group they are fighting for has an advantage over the ones who have wronged them. Equality should be about leveling the playing field, not getting even.

In so many areas of the world, being a woman comes with a negative connotation. People are treated like they should be ashamed of being female, or that they are lesser beings. The spirit of feminism is about empowering people to be happy about their female gender and to celebrate who they are. A lot of people tend to equate this with people who blast those who have wronged them based on gender in the past and are looking for someone to punish as well. This isn't feminism, though those women may have feminist views and that line is easily blurred.

Feminism and the fight for Gender Equality both have great ideas and things to support them from the people that care enough to fight for their cause without harming others emotionally or physically, but there are others on the other side of the same situation as well. It can be a really heavy topic.

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
For my answer, I just want to start off by saying that this is a hard thing to explain in a single post. Both Gender Equality and Feminism can be really good and really bad given the extremity and the situation.

Gender equality is very important because everyone should have the opportunity and the potential to have the same rights. Gender shouldn't be a reason to discriminate against anyone. Gender shouldn't be a cause for a change in pay or how people get treated in certain situations. However, there's a difference between fighting for equality and looking to punish those who have previously gotten some sort of advantage. This is what a lot of the extremists who fixate on their version of "equality" happen to spend more time on making sure that the group they are fighting for has an advantage over the ones who have wronged them. Equality should be about leveling the playing field, not getting even.

In so many areas of the world, being a woman comes with a negative connotation. People are treated like they should be ashamed of being female, or that they are lesser beings. The spirit of feminism is about empowering people to be happy about their female gender and to celebrate who they are. A lot of people tend to equate this with people who blast those who have wronged them based on gender in the past and are looking for someone to punish as well. This isn't feminism, though those women may have feminist views and that line is easily blurred.

Feminism and the fight for Gender Equality both have great ideas and things to support them from the people that care enough to fight for their cause without harming others emotionally or physically, but there are others on the other side of the same situation as well. It can be a really heavy topic.

Wonderfully explained! 🙌

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years

See, this is what i mean. What I find is strange is that most of the feminism i found on my research seems to be want an equality with men yet they're pushed or disregarded the men's own privilege. They didn't care for their opinion or any other stuff. The more i see it feminism are become anti-men instead of gender equality.
I mean, a feminist complaint about difference in wages between a male and female on the same job....well, maybe there many factors in consideration, maybe mens pull more all nighter, maybe they work harder, take less sick break, or just in general capable doing some job that women struggle physically like, Military, Construction worker or other things that requires more hard labor.
I mean, in their opinion, being a men's mean they have more privilege in life compare to women and that's....just incorrect, both gender has different privilege afterall, so it's only make sense that one side had some privilege that the other side don't.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I think another thing that will sort of shape the way you see this situation is whether or not you have seen or experienced it first hand. It happens all the time but because it doesn't affect you personally, you don't notice the signs. So many single mothers have been turned down for jobs simply because prospective employers assume that having a child makes them unreliable. There are jobs where equally qualified candidates apply, one a male, and another female for a management position and the female has been passed up because "women are too emotional". Little things like that happen all the time, but often go unnoticed.