💬 Review Ancient Life 古代人生

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,337,076 happy users since 2014.
Register

Ariadne

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Ancient Life 古代人生

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): Mod apk Ancient Life 古代人生 v1.3.102 !! Unlimeted Jade + Mod Menu (Pennie , Gold and Silver Increases when spent) !!

An English-translated, offline life simulator game set in an unknown period of Ancient China, probably. Nothing else to describe it other than that.

Review:
It's a great life simulator game, it has a lot of potential. The English translations need work, and there are a few bugs when you go hunting where there are no animals to hunt. There's a lot missing that some people might have been expecting to find when starting to play this game. This didn't have a tutorial section but it still has the same game mechanics as other life simulators like BitLife. Although it states it is set in Ancient China the period is unknown, the game itself has little interaction with NPCs.
The game focuses more on your growth and development in-game rather than forming friendships, although there are scenarios where you can gain friends in game, there are only few instances of this. Family interaction doesn't change it only says you got close to them but not much else, unless it was a game scenario. It only has a handful of jobs, you can't enlist in the army, become a businessman nor become a minister. The doctor job specified for female avatars is hard to get a 100% passing rate and there is no in-game journal that will help you make the medicine accurate either. The government official job tailored for men is equally hard to complete as you can only pass 1 policy per year when you actually have several policies to pass within a 4 year period to complete all tasks. Failure to complete tasks, even if you completed 4 out of 5 tasks, still gets you demoted. There's also nothing in the game about becoming a noble or becoming an emperor, empress or even a concubine so there are no chances of being part of the Imperial family.

Would you recommend this to other users? Sure, doesn't hurt to try a different kind of life simulator. I believe if the devs continued their efforts in this game it would be quite a favorite for Life simulator players and Chinese culture enthusiasts. The translations are somewhat off but most of the time they're comprehensible. Other than that, it's a surprisingly addicting game.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

rrenco96

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I agree totally with this one, I'd played this a while ago and forgotten all about it. It frustrated me because it felt like it could be so fun, but the poor translation really threw me off. It felt like Bitlife but with another angle that could be really interesting if it was more approachable for English speakers