Dream Job

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,285 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
If money was no object, and you could work in any job or own any business of your choice, what would it be and why?

Patman1980

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I would be a programmer, love working with computer and make and break stuff, and i would be more usefull in here

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I would be a programmer, love working with computer and make and break stuff, and i would be more usefull in here
That sounds wonderful! What sort of things would you like to program? :)

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Id like to create my own mmorpg, and make it free to play and add player ideas
I've always wanted to create a MMO too. I love playing them and I would love to help create one for players to enjoy as much as I enjoy the ones I play XD.

Cheettat

The Demolisher
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
eBook Releaser
Active User
Member for 5 years
I would take the job of time keeper of that's possible somehow cause I want bend time due to a lot mishaps

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." I don't know that I would want to be responsible for all of that. Too much pressure lol.

(Lol can I get some support from my fellow Whovians xD)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I left my previous job to follow my heart, and here I am :) So what I can say is do whatever you want in your life, and as soon as you'll like it, money won't matter, as every day will be the best day of your life :)

By profession I'm just a webmaster and coder, but as hobbies I do also enjoy playing music which, who knows, in the future might turn into another job for me :)

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
My dream job would be to open a gaming lounge and arcade in my town. We would host gaming tournaments, have arcade machines, have wireless charging areas and areas with outlets for people to bring their computers for LAN parties, and we would even have an area for tabletop gaming. My town literally has five different high-schools and nothing for teenagers to do for fun, I think this would be a great thing for them. Plus we'd even sell little snacks and goodies too!

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
My dream job is to join Military Force. Who knows maybe some day I will be one who leading them.😹😹😹

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
Dream job for me would be in the medical field but unfortunately there wasn't much funding so I did just a year of studies.. I would have liked to have specialized in obstetrics and infantile trauma.... I guess the field of medicine is because I spent much of my childhood in hospitals and around medical personnel ... haha I was so passionate that as a kid I be doing surgeries on my sister's dolls 😅

Dayyyyy

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
writer. any kind of writer. i love writing.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Dream job for me would be in the medical field but unfortunately there wasn't much funding so I did just a year of studies.. I would have liked to have specialized in obstetrics and infantile trauma.... I guess the field of medicine is because I spent much of my childhood in hospitals and around medical personnel ... haha I was so passionate that as a kid I be doing surgeries on my sister's dolls 😅
That's really admirable. It takes a lot of strength to be able to work with sick children. I'd love to do something like that, but I'd have such a hard time letting go when it comes to a patient I couldn't help. It truly does take a special kind of person with a special kind of strength to work in a job like that. For what it's worth, I think you would have been great!

writer. any kind of writer. i love writing.
Have you ever thought of starting your own blog or site?

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
That's really admirable. It takes a lot of strength to be able to work with sick children. I'd love to do something like that, but I'd have such a hard time letting go when it comes to a patient I couldn't help. It truly does take a special kind of person with a special kind of strength to work in a job like that. For what it's worth, I think you would have been great!

Thanks alot @CordeliaCross 🤗 ... I guess being an aquarian has its perks sometimes and the fact that I can remain calm in most crisis and traumatic situations is what led me to develop that passion for the medical profession

Dayyyyy

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
yes. but that is long time ago. i'm really busy with my job now. and i never finish my own story. that is my problem. i get bored easily.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I am an Aquarius too!!!

yes. but that is long time ago. i'm really busy with my job now. and i never finish my own story. that is my problem. i get bored easily.
With a blog it's sort of nice because you can write on your own schedule and you don't need a whole book's worth of content, you can release things one chapter at a time if you wanted to. I recommend looking into it. Plus, you don't always have to write about the same thing with a blog. The variety might help you find your passion again XD.

Khlxii

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
As I grew up I always wanted to be an author, but as I've grown, I've realised I'm not patient enough haha I have the story in my head and play it out in a dream, then I get bored coz I don't want to write it all! Don't get me wrong, I seriously love writing, but I have too many ideas always coming in. So I prefer to write songs as it's much quicker. And needing to make it rhyme gives me a brilliant challenge! I've always secretly wanted to be famous. Adored. Admired. A singer, an actor, a model, youtuber... Anything influential that'd make my name popularly known in a positive way. Especially singing, modelling and/or acting. But I've always figured that wouldn't be possible for me... So I have forced a new dream to open a shelter for homeless people. I'd cook for them, entertain them, give them therapy, help them get jobs. Maybe even have em work for me! :) All for free. But I need to have money... But as you said, if money didn't matter, that'd be it. Maybe also a restaurant called the Potato Shake with a potato mascot that shakes/dances. The focus would be my favourite food, potatoes and favourite drink, milkshakes. There'd be a special drink for brave challengers... A potato milkshakes LMAO
But yeah... That's it :) I want to do everything but my Mum said "Dreamer's heads are in the clouds. Sounds good but people can't fly, we walk. Stay grounded, simple and be realistic. Dreams are a sugar-coated illusion based on luck and talent, which we don't have in this family." Her words hurt but, she has experience in life. I don't yet.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
As I grew up I always wanted to be an author, but as I've grown, I've realised I'm not patient enough haha I have the story in my head and play it out in a dream, then I get bored coz I don't want to write it all! Don't get me wrong, I seriously love writing, but I have too many ideas always coming in. So I prefer to write songs as it's much quicker. And needing to make it rhyme gives me a brilliant challenge! I've always secretly wanted to be famous. Adored. Admired. A singer, an actor, a model, youtuber... Anything influential that'd make my name popularly known in a positive way. Especially singing, modelling and/or acting. But I've always figured that wouldn't be possible for me... So I have forced a new dream to open a shelter for homeless people. I'd cook for them, entertain them, give them therapy, help them get jobs. Maybe even have em work for me! :) All for free. But I need to have money... But as you said, if money didn't matter, that'd be it. Maybe also a restaurant called the Potato Shake with a potato mascot that shakes/dances. The focus would be my favourite food, potatoes and favourite drink, milkshakes. There'd be a special drink for brave challengers... A potato milkshakes LMAO
But yeah... That's it :) I want to do everything but my Mum said "Dreamer's heads are in the clouds. Sounds good but people can't fly, we walk. Stay grounded, simple and be realistic. Dreams are a sugar-coated illusion based on luck and talent, which we don't have in this family." Her words hurt but, she has experience in life. I don't yet.
I'm sorry. I know at times it may seem impossible to dream, but never give up on those dreams. If you believe enough in your dreams, they become the roots that your reality stems from. For years I was so scared to let anyone see any of my writing because with each story and article, and even song I wrote I wove pieces of myself into the words. I was so worried that the people in my life would hate me if they knew the real me. But sometimes, fighting against the reasons you should give up on writing is the best thing you can do for yourself. Now there are so many ways to get your writing out into the world. It's important to be realistic, and know that it may not become a full time career or something you can make a million dollars with after writing your first piece, but that doesn't mean that it isn't worth doing. I think your mom was just trying to get you to be a little more realistic in the only way she knew how, but I don't think she would want you to give up on your dream entirely. Maybe starting a blog, or sharing some of your work here in the Writer's Notebook Area would be something you enjoy!

Khlxii

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thankies :) Appreciate it a heap. It's nice to have someone encourage me. I might go check that Writer's Notebook out ^^