📖 Tutorial How to hack Unity Android Games when there's no Assembly-Csharp.dll (libil2cpp.so method)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,309 happy users since 2014.
Register

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
Active User
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Hello, thanks for the thread. It's easy to follow but i don't know why but i can't install the apk
Step one to seven , done
View attachment 71843
First I checked the arm code first
View attachment 71862
I tried to experiment a bit as I only want to change the value and I'm not sure if the crit calculation stop only from there so i didn't input the ret. But wait folks, don't raise the pitchforks yet for not following the guide as I did that as my next attempt.
View attachment 71863
I copied it to HxD and save the lib then i move it to my apk.
For my signer, I used One Click Signer.
I tried the excactly same as the tutorial when inputing the arm in the example after using the converter but still "App not installed".
Did you check the ARM version of the lib? Even though ARMV8 devices are backward compatible which means that you can install ARMV7 APPS but this might not be the case. Try installing it on some other device or emulator and if you still have any questions or doubts you can post it HERE, PM me or DM me on Discord (DDeveloper#0001)

Zweinsr

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
Did you check the ARM version of the lib? Even though ARMV8 devices are backward compatible which means that you can install ARMV7 APPS but this might not be the case. Try installing it on some other device or emulator and if you still have any questions or doubts you can post it HERE, PM me or DM me on Discord (DDeveloper#0001)
Currently I can't access my laptop to check it. I'll update this later. While I don't know my lib's arm, I managed to install it on LDplayer yesterday. I didn't play it as the game is rather harsh to emu. My phone is a normal one, supporting arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a and armeabi according to Inware.

Update 1:
I managed to install it on x8-sandbox(doesn't support the game so can't test it) and vmos(the game is able to detect if I use vmos after few mins so can't test it again)

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
If the app doesn't install it's not related to the hex edits, it's definitely only a signature issue or, as DDeveloper said, the app might not compatible with the device (if this is the case, you shouldn't be able to install the original version as well). Did you make sure to uninstall the game before installing the mod?

Zweinsr

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
If the app doesn't install it's not related to the hex edits, it's definitely only a signature issue or, as DDeveloper said, the app might not compatible with the device (if this is the case, you shouldn't be able to install the original version as well). Did you make sure to uninstall the game before installing the mod?
I didn't. Thanks for the suggestion, I managed to install it now. I want to ask why we need to uninstall the game before installing the mod? Normally, we can just overwrite the game with the latest apk

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Well, there's a trick I use on my unrooted smartphone. Basically, before installing the original app, sign it. Now play, make a mod, and sign it using the same tool you used before (in your case, one_click_signer). Now the mod app will have the same identical signature of the original app, so you can install it on top of it without having to uninstall it and restarting the game. Mod didn't work? Fine, make another one and sign it again with the same tool, and you can still install it on top of the previous mod 😊

So, to answer your question, you couldn't install it because it had a different signature compared to the original game.

Oh and yes, you can do this also when there is an app update. This way you can update your mod without uninstalling your previous mod version as well. This is valid for both modders and users installing a mod, and it's also how you can update apps from Google Play as well, the mechanism is identical. Every official app update has the same signature than its previous version, that's why you can update apps without having to uninstall them first, the principle is identical.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
Active User
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Thankyou as I also learned a new thing today.

Zweinsr

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
Now I can't contact the server while the original apk is able to do that:unsure:. My journey is still long xD.

IMG_20210403_145230.jpg

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
This can indicate a mod detection or a wrong mod (you broke some functions maybe).

To know this, try editing the last 00 of the hex into 01, if you get the same error, then it's a mod detection. If the game runs instead, it means it was most probably a mistake on your end, and you should check the edit you did because it's probably wrong.

Zweinsr

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
This can indicate a mod detection or a wrong mod (you broke some functions maybe).

To know this, try editing the last 00 of the hex into 01, if you get the same error, then it's a mod detection. If the game runs instead, it means it was most probably a mistake on your end, and you should check the edit you did because it's probably wrong.
Will do when I'm home. This one right? IMG_20210403_151305.png
Post automatically merged:

Will do when I'm home. This one right? IMG_20210403_151305.png

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Go to the very bottom of the file, the last section of the file should have many many 00 00 00 00 00, just replace one of those 00 to 01. That's a dead section and it's unused, so it's safe to edit it, but it'll tell you if the game checks the contents of the lib or not.

Zweinsr

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
Go to the very bottom of the file, the last section of the file should have many many 00 00 00 00 00, just replace one of those 00 to 01. That's a dead section and it's unused, so it's safe to edit it, but it'll tell you if the game checks the contents of the lib or not.
Sorry for my late reply:smilingdroid.
In the file, there's only one incomplate line full of zero so i changed it to one. It still said "Can't be connected to the server" so perhaps the game is checking my lib but there is one thing that makes me confused. Out of curiosity I downloaded one clean apk on apkpure and used signer to it. It was clean, and i didn't change anything but suprisingly when i launched it, I got the same message from the game. While i can play normally with the original apk. Is it perhaps because of the game detecting a foreign signature?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Hello, thanks for the thread. It's easy to follow but i don't know why but i can't install the apk
Step one to seven , done
View attachment 71843
First I checked the arm code first
View attachment 71862
I tried to experiment a bit as I only want to change the value and I'm not sure if the crit calculation stop only from there so i didn't input the ret. But wait folks, don't raise the pitchforks yet for not following the guide as I did that as my next attempt.
View attachment 71863
I copied it to HxD and save the lib then i move it to my apk.
For my signer, I used One Click Signer.
I tried the excactly same as the tutorial when inputing the arm in the example after using the converter but still "App not installed".
it can be happened by many things . Try resigning.

Zweinsr

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
it can be happened by many things . Try resigning.
Thanks for your help. Tho the reasons why this happened because i didn't delete my game so there's a conflict between signature
>>So, to answer your question, you couldn't install it because it had a different signature compared to the original game.

DynamicSaint

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Appreciate the tutorial. Is there a method for protected global-metadata.dat files? I selected the libil2cpp.so and metadata but it said it cannot read global-metadata.dat

Last edited:

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Appreciate the tutorial. Is there a method for protected global-metadata.dat files? I selected the libil2cpp.so and metadata but it said it cannot read global-metadata.dat
There are but cant share publicly. Do some research you will get it.

DynamicSaint

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
There are but cant share publicly. Do some research you will get it.
Awesome. My goal is to not just mod an apk but I want to see what API calls they are making and how they generate certain SHA-1 HTTP headers.. For this I thought I needed to read either assembly csharp dll or this libil2cpp.so..

Could you point me in the right direction through Private message if it's not OK to share publicly?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Awesome. My goal is to not just mod an apk but I want to see what API calls they are making and how they generate certain SHA-1 HTTP headers.. For this I thought I needed to read either assembly csharp dll or this libil2cpp.so..

Could you point me in the right direction through Private message if it's not OK to share publicly?
I would say search for katy's code about il2cpp metadata on google. Thats what all I can share.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
I was trying to mod a unity game last night and when I saw those black boxes with 'nul' written on them (as in the 2nd post here), I thought I messed up my laptop. 😅
This will be the first time I'll be doing it.
Thanks for the help, Sbenny

RikySebas

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
hello colleagues .. I have been creating a MOD Menu for a short time and although I already have my own mod working I still need to learn some things and I hope someone can help me with my query ... I need to know how to activate different functions with a single button on the menu