Some my thoughts about games, and pull asking which influence from MOD is comfortable for you.

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,615 happy users since 2014.
Register

Which variant(s) of hack is comfortable for you?

• Total voters

BlueRozes

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Earlier I thought about "creative mode", and it raised new question.
As example, I hacked "Clicker Heroes", and turns out it should never be hacked, not because it's bad, but because it's a number game. Yeah, I still haven't bought endgame heroes, because I had no clue these would cost some real power of googol, it's insane, but yeah... It's already was enough for me. The only interesting thing is fractal ascention. It's a basic mechanic of clickers, like, if you struggle, just destroy your progress and begin again, but with some bonus. In Clicker Heroes this bonus called "heroes souls". But it can be called soft reset, in comparisson with transcention, which destroes not only usual progress, but also all progress with heroes, but give other currency, "ascended souls". I called it fractal, because this progress can be repeated and generalized to infinity. In my mind it looks like branching upside down three... Yeah.

It's not review on clicker heroes, it's some context. So, cheating in clickers is questionable. I played Star Tap Idle, because I was interested in story. I needed infinite crystals to flash through large distance. No one asked, but when I tried it before, I struggled with ascentions and speed, but on today's try I saw, that it's effective to work with special core which divides distance. Turtle, which halves distance to runner with each runner's step, will never reach finish, so I used also skip with sleeping. My strategy was divide 10 billion human secons sentury to eight hours, than skip them with ability. Ew, game appeared to be super-short, no trillions years to wait. And genious skip with using thrust multiplyer, then special ability which accelerates using one hundred thousands clicks. I surpassed the speed of light.

Oh, why am I talking about it... But it's easy to see how numbers and time can not only hide lack of content, but also be a whole genre.

Now I'm going to mention Machinecraft, outdated japanese sandbox. Game, which can't be hacked, not because it has anticheat, but because you can't hack being engineer. So rich game, I spent years inventing things and I'm not even sure I fould all possibilities. Now I'm going to intuitively divide sandboxes on soft and hard. Soft sandbox gives prepared blocks which are ready to be used as placed, as example Robocraft or TerraTech. Hard sandbox gives instruments to create, it's more tricky, but it's very interesting. I think From The Depth is a good example. Oh, again, why am I talking about it... Oh, come on, it's off-topic, I talk there on my own rules🤗

Oh, I remember I loved Starcraft 2 Editor, and I made a map for my father. I made super-unit "Odin", which is super cool and can destroy all enemies with nukes, summonable, but you should wait an hour, because it's cool and elite. Father waited, waited... He wanted to destroy enemy using big guns! By accident he canceled summon, so he had to wait another hour. So, it was two hours! For what? I forgot to give enemy some AI. He destroed lonely command center. With SCV checking a map, he could see my failure and ask me what have I done... So, maybe waiting can be a good game genre too. Not even clicker, just wait to win. How to hack? Just press E to skip waiting. Mmm🤔

Looks like hacks can have three purposes. Solve phobia of locked content, remove stress and play zen, and... oh, i forgot...

Brain is so powerful, that it can visualize prediction like it has already happened in game. The only thing I can imagine for creative mode in linear game, is to show spreadsheet of options what you want to see and what you don't want to see. Maybe "custom difficulty" setting.
When there is something to choose and create, it can be called 'creative mode'. In minecraft blocky building and redstone contraptions are created. In rpg it's a good idea to create builds.

I believe games which are wanted to be hacked, are the games where the main point for player is missed. Like game has a cool story, but it's a grind game, so you won't grind, you want to skip this mess and have a whale of time playing unintended VN (Visual Novel).
Or maybe it's a cool puzzle game, but it's much cooler being zen and calm, so you won't play this game with blood, sweat and tears, you want to hack and play unintended cute time spender. (I don't want use word killer. I believe you'd better not to kill your time in agony, but spend it with pleasure and joy☀💕 Love your time)

Oh, also I believe downgrades should become more popular, looks like they help with replayability. Like, you're not choosing one way to play, but with progress you have more things to play with.

Modding games have it's limits, and looks like the only way to solve bad game design, is to give player all what he is need to never notice it.
For offline game it may be possible to rewrite it's code and hardly modify content. Who would like to? But seems like it's possible.
But games, which rely on server, usually can give only corrupted connection to server, and no one should notice some billions of money, it's ok. And anticheats may freak out. Honest hacker wants to learn more about game...

Oh, too much writing, I stop there.

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
Depends again, on the players.
Challenges is the whole point of some games and some people like it, some just like the scenery or the story.

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
My rule is that my first playthrough should always be pure; experimenting with the game/interactive fiction the way the author intended. After I am familiar with the mechanics, I cheat to get a more relaxed and zen experience.