How to get SB Points at sbenny.com

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,632 happy users since 2014.
Register

Snailsoft

In Love Lv4️⃣
I downloaded the latest REWARDS app, a whopping 106mb (nearly a quarter Gb installed), installed it, logged in, but any time I click on the button to show a video a message box pops up that there are NO ADS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.

arx245

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Totally agree
Post automatically merged:

Totally agree

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I downloaded the latest REWARDS app, a whopping 106mb (nearly a quarter Gb installed), installed it, logged in, but any time I click on the button to show a video a message box pops up that there are NO ADS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
A programmer like you should know the difference between a tenth and a quarter. This said, as explained in the app itself, you should try a VPN to overcome that error, which means there's no available ads inventory in your country right now.

Snailsoft

In Love Lv4️⃣
A programmer like you should know the difference between a tenth and a quarter. This said, as explained in the app itself, you should try a VPN to overcome that error, which means there's no available ads inventory in your country right now.
The app is 1/10th of a gig uninstalled, and 1/4th installed.
I do use a VPN, and tried both with and without.
It could be a country issue server side. I'll try an Onion with an exit to other countries and see if it makes a difference.

Snailsoft

In Love Lv4️⃣
Okay, I think I am figuring out the problem.
As can be seen, the app is installed, and it is connected, and I am logged in.
Screenshot_20240215_083142_Rewards.jpg

I click on the Add SB Points button and get this message, "No ads available...".
Screenshot_20240215_083118_Rewards.jpg

I use VPN for several different countries, all having same result, so I rule out this being a country related server ad issue.
Then I see fine print...
Screenshot_20240215_0831422_Rewards.jpg

I take a look at the code, sure enough.
It only works over WiFi, not LAN, not WLL or SS7 or GSM, only WiFi.
I live in a dead zone, no internet, no WiFi, no Cable, no DSL, not even Dial-Up any more. I use satellite relay and cell phone only. The app no does work on cell phones without WiFi.
Then I wait until friend can drive me to city where I can use a public WiFi, and sure enough ads appear, but AdHoc prevents app from working proper, so no points for ads.

This app needs major overhaul if to be used on cell phones, to include option for data usage and permissions. OpenSignal reports that as of 2024, 26% of North America is without WiFi coverage and 15% without cellular coverage.

So, this is issue, no WiFi, so no ads.

Have you consider a WebDAV interface to view ads without need for app? Simply use browser interface and tie it directly to subsection of SBenny site. Just a thought as most apps of this nature are little more than HTML interface.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Okay, I think I am figuring out the problem.
As can be seen, the app is installed, and it is connected, and I am logged in.
View attachment 97496
I click on the Add SB Points button and get this message, "No ads available...".
View attachment 97497
I use VPN for several different countries, all having same result, so I rule out this being a country related server ad issue.
Then I see fine print...
View attachment 97498
I take a look at the code, sure enough.
It only works over WiFi, not LAN, not WLL or SS7 or GSM, only WiFi.
I live in a dead zone, no internet, no WiFi, no Cable, no DSL, not even Dial-Up any more. I use satellite relay and cell phone only. The app no does work on cell phones without WiFi.
Then I wait until friend can drive me to city where I can use a public WiFi, and sure enough ads appear, but AdHoc prevents app from working proper, so no points for ads.

This app needs major overhaul if to be used on cell phones, to include option for data usage and permissions. OpenSignal reports that as of 2024, 26% of North America is without WiFi coverage and 15% without cellular coverage.

So, this is issue, no WiFi, so no ads.

Have you consider a WebDAV interface to view ads without need for app? Simply use browser interface and tie it directly to subsection of SBenny site. Just a thought as most apps of this nature are little more than HTML interface.
The message about making sure you're on WiFi is simply because a video advertisement is a heavy file, and slow/weak connections would take ages to download it. Then, once the video ad is downloaded and ready, you're able to watch it. So no, you're off track if you think the app works ONLY on Wi-Fi but, instead, it's FASTER to load ads if you're on Wi-Fi as it's generally a faster (and stable) connection, letting you load ads quickly, but the app also works perfectly on Mobile Data, assuming you don't live in an area without signal, of course as, in this case, it's definitely not the app to blame if your connection is that weak.

Snailsoft

In Love Lv4️⃣
unfortunate for me as I thought I figured out the problem... perplexing

Yes, I have very bad connection, but it is better than no connection as most around here... good download rates of up to 6Mb/s, but up rates in the dialup range, and signal strength low.

Even if, as you say, it will work on data only very slow, it still does not explain the server response of no ads available.

It also does not explain why ads show on WiFi but not data unless ads simply do not show if rate is below threshhold... could that be?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
unfortunate for me as I thought I figured out the problem... perplexing

Yes, I have very bad connection, but it is better than no connection as most around here... good download rates of up to 6Mb/s, but up rates in the dialup range, and signal strength low.

Even if, as you say, it will work on data only very slow, it still does not explain the server response of no ads available.

It also does not explain why ads show on WiFi but not data unless ads simply do not show if rate is below threshhold... could that be?
It's a mix of both. A slow connection causes the following:

1) Longer time fetching Ad Inventory Data
2) Longer time downloading the Video Ad

Unless both of the above are complete, the button will never let you see ads, of course. As per your previous post concerning the app size, please also consider the app can cache some videos in order to let you play them from your device instead of downloading them from the net. This would fix point 2 above but, obviously, also increases the app data size.