Throwing Caution To The Wind

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,047 happy users since 2014.
Register

NasferatuDra

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
How did you find us? Researching different versions of modded APK files for emulators brought a link up

Which types of games do you usually play? I am more into tool apps. I normally do not play games or watch tv.

Something about me: I am very cautious due to past experiences. I normally do not like anyone knowing I am present so this 'introduction' is out of the norm for me and will cause me to suspect fowl play and hopefully I am wrong. Luckily I have been burned a couple of times and got smart quick (use of cheap "garbage" android devices to cruise around) Yes I am paranoid and with good reason. The best policy is to trust nobody and never install anything without dissecting it first. Moving forward, I would like to share a bit of knowledge with everyone, I'm sure most of you are already aware of this so my mentioning it is for those who are unaware of the following. It's common to see people use conversion apps or online conversion tools to convert one file type into another for whatever reason. Example: .MP4 converter to .mp3 or .PNG conversion to .txt for alterations. I figured out a way to do this without any tool except this trick. I'm sure I'm not the first to stumble across this technique. Simple explanation is 'change the file/folder extension' }{ example: to convert a picture into text we simply change the extension (picture.jpg gets renamed to picture.txt) by changing the name of the container aka folder/file/zip etc etc we change the contents accordingly. This way we can work quick and privy. Now we have a txt file that can be altered and once we are done making changes we simply convert the txt file back into a picture by changing the extension back to it's original .jpg or whatever extension it was before. It is good practice to leave the original extension and just add your conversion extension so you do not forget what the original ext was example. Picture.jpg.txt will still do the conversion and if you are working with multiple files/folders aka containers this makes the job a lot easier and you can be sure you did not mistakenly label anything incorrectly. I have yet to find a file/folder/container that this will not work on. That's all. For anyone who was unaware, you are welcome and happy modding/conversions to you. ps the username Nasferatu Dragwylia aka Dracula is worthy of a Google search, I am a sponge for knowledge and it's an addiction that keeps me enveloped 12-14 hrs a day and sometimes days in a row. Well once I get started writing it's hard to shut the hex up so.. until next time.

NasferatuDra

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Thanks for not turning a cold shoulder to the paranoid lurker bud.. I can honestly say all event listeners have remained silent unlike the clowns I seem to be a favorite victim of on other sites. You all seem to have a much greater grasp on maturity. It's what I had given up hope on. What are some of your interests man? Are you into Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks or some other area like scripting? If that sounds cinical I digress. Intent is easily misinterpreted in text. You can be sure I will never try to undermine you or attempt to disrespect anyone like that. I like scripting too. I have worked alone for the past 3 years and I am too eager to conversate so look over me rambling on sometimes ok bud.

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Greetings @NasferatuDra! Welcome to the ship!

My name is @agarriberri and I’m here to introduce you to the forum.

Sbenny is an international community. Many individuals from various nations congregate here, so using English when communicating is mandatory; that way, we can all understand each other. Being a part of Sbenny means your opinion counts; interacting in the general chat, forum threads, and respecting the rules to the letter means you are on the right track to becoming a valuable member of the forum.

Below are useful links to help you navigate through the forum seamlessly.

Forum Rules - General rules of forum use.
Video Guide – Video Guide to navigating the site.
Requests Official Rules! – Rules for requesting games.
Common Courtesy – Guidelines for forum communication.
SBennypedia – A helpful guide to common terms on the site.
Farming SB Points - A guide to earning SB Points for all your downloads
Android Modding University – A helpful guide to learning to create your own Mods.
Let's Get to Know Eachother -Visit here to take part in some icebreakers and get to know some of the other members
Clubs – A place where you can find groups to make friends and meet new people with similar interests to yours!
Contest & Site News – visit here for events and news.
For an opportunity to start to know some of the other members a bit better, and have a good laugh, visit the Off-Topic where there is a conversation for just about everyone!

If you have any questions, you can always send a staff member a direct message, post your question here or tag us in a thread and we will do our best to help as soon as possible. You can also send me a DM at any moment when you need help or to quell any further doubts.

Welcome to the forum once again and enjoy your stay! And no need to feel paranoid. Sbenny is a safe place to discuss, think, and enjoy and we enforce the basic standards of decency and courtesy. Whatever issue you may have, come to us and we will handle it to the best of our ability.